Thread: Going to see Renaissance Nov 11th in Kent, OH. Anyone know the songlist ?

Going to see Renaissance Nov 11th in Kent, OH. Anyone know the songlist ?

I have been a hard core Renaissance fan since 1981. After all of these years I'll be going to see A. Haslam sing live for the first time,.. at the Kent Stage in Kent, Ohio not far from my home. My wife and I will both be going, and she has asked me to make her a CD so that she can get familiar with the songs that she'll be hearing.

Does anyone know what the song list will be so that I can fulfill her request?

Thanks in advance!
    Genuine prog album from back in the day! - *free download* : masquepremiere.bandcamp.com

No one here will know the specific song list, but it's a safe bet that they'll play a bunch of the Grandine il Vento album as well as new stuff for their next album that isn't available yet.

Everyone will have different hunches about older material, but over the years they've played Ashes Are Burning, Carpet of the Sun, Mother Russia & Scheherazade (or parts thereof) quite a bit.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

the new songs SOL & TM&TM are instant classics- go well live!

The most recent show on setlist.fm was from April in London and without giving spoilers for anybody else looking the setlist can be seen here:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/renais...-1bf135c8.html

I suspect the upcoming dates will be alone similar lines, but have no detailed knowledge.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Here's the track list for the live DVD released earlier this year:

1. Prologue (7:26)
    2. Carpet of the Sun (3:37)
    3. Ocean Gypsy (7:36)
    4. Running Hard (9:39)
    5. Grandine Il Vento (6:54)
    6. Symphony of Light (12:53)
    7. Northern Lights (4:16)
    8. The Mystic and the Muse (7:58)
    9. Mother Russia (10:07)
    10. Ashes Are Burning (18:20)

Oooh, awesome to start with 'Prologue'!

Quote Originally Posted by ProgMusician View Post
    My wife and I will both be going, and she has asked me to make her a CD so that she can get familiar with the songs that she'll be hearing.
    My wife asked the very same thing. She's not been a fan, but we have 2 tickets in November on my birthday. This is a tough one to figure out because the set looks very different from the recent live DVD, and what they were playing in the spring. In fact, if they are playing the set list they played in spring, which half the set is new material, I may tell her to stay home. I don't have the new stuff, and don't care too.. And she's generally miserable with prog she's not familiar with.

I guess there is no chance in hearing something from their amazing and underrated Camera Camera! Still, I can't wait to see them on the 12th and 13th.