Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Roger Waters Us + Them Tour

The first of the new dates will take place on June 4 in Denver at the Pepsi Center. Also among the new dates are a visit to Oracle Arena in Oakland on June 10 and Los Angeles’s Staples Center on June 27. Additions to Roger Waters’ July schedule are concerts at San Antonio’s AT&T Center on July 1, New Orleans’ Smoothie King Center on July 8 and Milwaukee’s Bradley Center on July 29. An August addition finds the Pink Floyd bassist bringing the tour to Nashville’s Bridgestone Arena on August 13.

There’s three new September shows announced today: September 21 at Cleveland’s Quicken Loans Arena, September 23 at Albany’s Times Union Center and September 24 at Hartford’s XL Center. Finally, Roger Waters added a performance at Winnipeg’s MTS Centre on October 22.

Tickets and VIP packages for the newly added dates go on sale starting Monday, February 27 except for New Orleans (March 6) and Los Angeles (March 13).https://www.jambase.com/article/roge...-american-tour
    Last edited by Obscured; 02-21-2017 at 07:37 PM.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

"Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

header0221.jpg
    This is on his website now regarding the tour. I hope he keeps the older tunes he played last year. Especially "Fearless".

Fuck off!

If it helps sell tickets, why not?

Rehearsal show for friends, family and contest winners was held Sunday, May 21 at the Meadowlands arena (whatever it's called now) in New Jersey. Click for **SPOILERS**-

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/roger-...-43e7d3db.html
    Article with info, click for **SPOILERS** -
    https://www.jambase.com/article/roge...earsal-us-tour

We have tickets for Friday night here in Kansas City. I can't wait!

I think I'll be passing on this one. Don't want to spoil setlist for anyone. Will just say except for first two setlist 2 songs there's nothing else I'm all that interested in hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartellb View Post
    I think I'll be passing on this one. Don't want to spoil setlist for anyone. Will just say except for first two setlist 2 songs there's nothing else I'm all that interested in hearing.
    Main reason I am going.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    I like that setlist.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    Rehearsal show for friends, family and contest winners was held Sunday, May 21 at the Meadowlands arena (whatever it's called now) in New Jersey.
    It's now the Anusol Arena.

Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    Rehearsal show for friends, family and contest winners was held Sunday, May 21 at the Meadowlands arena (whatever it's called now) in New Jersey. Click for **SPOILERS**-

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/roger-...-43e7d3db.html
    Article with info, click for **SPOILERS** -
    https://www.jambase.com/article/roge...earsal-us-tour
    Maybe I'm out of the loop and just don't keep up with roger live , but I watched one of the videos from rehearsal and found something odd....

Is roger playing bass, or just miming? I say this because during songs he'll have a bass on and won't be playing while a member of his band also plays bass. Occasionally he'll start playing, looking like he's just doubling the parts of the other guy, but he doesn't play through the whole song, the other guy does. Has he been doing this a while? Just seems odd to me.....not like it's hard to sing and play Pink Floyd songs at the same time, this isn't Rush or something where the parts are tricky and you have to sing on top of it. Just found it odd.

Setlist is pretty much what I expected (a good thing)..can't wait to see this show.

I suspect RW just wants to present the best spectacle to his audience. His audience wants to see him, hear the PF/RW songs, & experience the visual effects. To successfully achieve this RW knows he doesn't have to play his bass or, possibly, even sing. He can simply mime. This kind of deception is going on more & more these days with big arena shows. It's accepted practice &, because the crowd is there more for spectacle than performance, it doesn't care.

I saw PF in Nassau Coliseum in 1975. The show wasn't sold out. The band played a song. The audience was quiet. The song ended. The audience applauded. Some yelled out. They played another song, etc. It was great. And we all sat throughout the entire show! God, I miss those days.
    I've got a bike you can ride it if you like

Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    I suspect RW just wants to present the best spectacle to his audience. His audience wants to see him, hear the PF/RW songs, & experience the visual effects. To successfully achieve this RW knows he doesn't have to play his bass or, possibly, even sing. He can simply mime. This kind of deception is going on more & more these days with big arena shows. It's accepted practice &, because the crowd is there more for spectacle than performance, it doesn't care.

I saw PF in Nassau Coliseum in 1975. The show wasn't sold out. The band played a song. The audience was quiet. The song ended. The audience applauded. Some yelled out. They played another song, etc. It was great. And we all sat throughout the entire show! God, I miss those days.
    It all changed the next tour. My first concert was PF Animals Tour in 1977 at MSG. It was a zoo. Hence , Animals

I personally would've preferred less of Dark Side (then again, I would've preferred they add Sheep and more or less do all of Animals ), but it'll still be a fine show I'm sure.
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

A week from tomorrow in Tulsa for me.

Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    I personally would've preferred less of Dark Side (then again, I would've preferred they add Sheep and more or less do all of Animals ), but it'll still be a fine show I'm sure.
    You'd think from animals that he'd include sheep, given he sings most of it! Then again, getting dogs is a solid.

'Dogs' is a big slice of a set, and will be most welcome for me. In particular, I'm eager to hear how Kilminster does with it (I didn't hate Doyle Bramhall III, but IMHO he doesn't have a flow like Gilmour, whereas Kilminster does). And I saw RW do 'Sheep' back during one of his pre-Wall tours, so technically I'll have seen all of Animals, just not under one roof on the same night
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Whoever sees this, tell us what it says on the pig. Didn't it say F*ck Bush on a tour 10 years ago or so?

'Dogs' is a big slice of a set, and will be most welcome for me. In particular, I'm eager to hear how Kilminster does with it (I didn't hate Doyle Bramhall III, but IMHO he doesn't have a flow like Gilmour, whereas Kilminster does). And I saw RW do 'Sheep' back during one of his pre-Wall tours, so technically I'll have seen all of Animals, just not under one roof on the same night
    Agreed. Doyle is great, but his SRV influenced style was like drowning the tune in Texas Pete's hot sauce. Not appropriate. Though I found his style at odds with the DSOTM and WWYH tracks moreso than the Animals one.

Looking forward to the Animals material more than anything else. Cant wait to hear the duo of Dogs/Pigs

Quote Originally Posted by Score2112 View Post
    Looking forward to the Animals material more than anything else. Cant wait to hear the duo of Dogs/Pigs
    Hopefully he plays the full version of Pigs.. as I recall he's done an abridged version during one of his 80's tour.. Setlist looks fine to me..

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Whoever sees this, tell us what it says on the pig. Didn't it say F*ck Bush on a tour 10 years ago or so?
    It said something different each night of the tour, I believe. In Cleveland, it said something like "VOTE! Don't be lead to the slaughter".

Quote Originally Posted by happytheman View Post
    Hopefully he plays the full version of Pigs.. as I recall he's done an abridged version during one of his 80's tour.. Setlist looks fine to me..
    Yeah, on the Radio KAOS tour, it was something like 2 and half minutes long, basically just consisting of the vocal sections, and no ride out guitar solo. I got into an argument with someone who insisted he did "the entire song" because he had sung all three verses. I'm like, "You understand on the album, the song is something like 12 minutes long, right, and has a bridge section that wasn't played at all on the Radio KAOS tour?".

I would have preferred to not know the setlist, but I'd be happy to see Dogs and Pigs played, since I saw him do Sheep on 2007 tour.