Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Roger Waters Us + Them Tour

Quote Originally Posted by helix View Post
    did you try a Citi card?? first 6 digits if you have a Citicard. that is the pre-sale: only for Citicard people
    Yup - it accepted my first 6 citi card digits, unlocked the ticket selection site, and then proceeded to give me "Not Found" errors for every honkin' price range search except when I used '1' as the quantity (I was looking for 3 tickets, incidentally...). Multiple ticket selection worked once I selected the VIP dropdowns. Fuck THAT.
    -=Will you stand by me against the cold night, or are you afraid of the ice?=-

Just got tickets for the opening night of the tour in Kansas City.
    The wife is excited, so life is good.

Space Cadet
    Looks like the Wells Fargo Center in Philly goofed the pricing for some seats when using THEWALL presale code, so unless they pull some kind of switcheroo on me it appears I have secured dead center, lower bowl, 11th-row aisle seats for $14 bucks a pop (they have since fixed the error).

That would be a great score!

ya think ol' Rog is voting for Trump?

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

I got a block of tickets for the Verizon Center show. Nice seats, first level above floor, almost dead center. Should be a good view of the whole spectacle.
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Space Cadet
    Quote Originally Posted by 100423 View Post
    That would be a great score!
    Alas, it was not to be...just got an e-mail letting me know that they are going to adjust my order for me to charge the 'correct amount', and they are also giving me a free parking pass. I'm somewhat annoyed but honestly I was hoping to get exactly what I got, and had been planning on spending the 'real' amount anyway, so in the end I'm +free parking. Should be a great show.

like PE, Rog should stay out of politics. especially with his lyrical past.

Cheapest tix for Golden 1 Center in Sacramento are in the low $70s. I can skip groceries for a week, sure!
    "The mountains are calling and I must go" - John Muir

"To breathe the same air as the angels, you must go to Tahoe" - Mark Twain

2nd nite added for Long Island at "The New Coliseum". Tickets start at $49.50 and I was actually able to get tix for $49.50! Well, after surcharges etc. etc ...$77
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

After watching that video of the mob in Mexico filing in for the concert, I don't know why anyone would want to be a part of that.

I don't understand the appeal of being in a crowd for a such a show. For all of the experience of seeing the artist(s) playing the music for you, I'd just as soon listen to the music in a planetarium. Remember those?
    I've got a bike you can ride it if you like

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    4 x $100 bought in the nosebleeds in Boaton
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    I got a block of tickets for the Verizon Center show. Nice seats, first level above floor, almost dead center. Should be a good view of the whole spectacle.
    Got the same location here as well in the presale. Sat in a similar spot for the Wall tour at VZ and the site lines (and sound for that matter) are great.

Oakland: May 10, 1977, Animals Tour, $7.00 plus fifty cents service charge. Quadraphonic, animation, giant balloons. Entire Animals and Wish You Were Here albums. FRESH... It's sooooooo hard for me to open my wallet for today's concerts.

Quote Originally Posted by Taped Rugs View Post
    Oakland: May 10, 1977, Animals Tour, $7.00 plus fifty cents service charge. Quadraphonic, animation, giant balloons. Entire Animals and Wish You Were Here albums. FRESH... It's sooooooo hard for me to open my wallet for today's concerts.
    especially when you can barely see the artist from the affordable seats... what's the point of being there when the Bluray or DVD put you on the stage?
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Space Cadet
    Quote Originally Posted by Toka View Post
    Alas, it was not to be...just got an e-mail letting me know that they are going to adjust my order for me to charge the 'correct amount', and they are also giving me a free parking pass. I'm somewhat annoyed but honestly I was hoping to get exactly what I got, and had been planning on spending the 'real' amount anyway, so in the end I'm +free parking. Should be a great show.
    Well I have just experienced the rare Double-Switcheroo...was just informed that they will in fact be honoring the original mistake price after all, and they have refunded the additional charge they placed last week. And I get to keep the free parking! Easily the best deal I've gotten in ages. Nice when the coin flips in your favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Toka View Post
    Well I have just experienced the rare Double-Switcheroo...was just informed that they will in fact be honoring the original mistake price after all, and they have refunded the additional charge they placed last week. And I get to keep the free parking! Easily the best deal I've gotten in ages. Nice when the coin flips in your favor.
    Terrific!

The eons are closing
    That's super sweet [emoji106]
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

same old songs tour!
    no solo material, no new album in 24 years....
    i am personally insulted by his political message at Desert Trip....
    i'm done with Roger Waters.

Quote Originally Posted by BravadoNJ View Post
    same old songs tour!
    no solo material, no new album in 24 years....
    i am personally insulted by his political message at Desert Trip....
    i'm done with Roger Waters.
    There will be older solo material as well as new songs:

The set list for what he's dubbed the Us + Them tour will focus heavily on material he recorded with Pink Floyd alongside new songs and past solo works. The singer is promising a show with brilliant visuals and quad sound.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...m-tour-w444437

As far as the political message thing, that is a problem with being political, you are sure to offend/insult someone.
    That's one of the reasons I'm generally not a fan of mixing music and politics.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BravadoNJ View Post
    like PE, Rog should stay out of politics. especially with his lyrical past.
    What do you mean? He's usually done a good job of representing the political voice of the masses through his lyrics.

^^^^Yep. Good example is how Animals is as relevant today as it was back in 1977, perhaps even more so.

Got my Tulsa tix. Hope the Animals songs stay on the setlist

Quote Originally Posted by MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER View Post
    what's the point of being there when the Bluray or DVD put you on the stage?
    Well, in Roger Waters' case, at least you're watching him live in front of an audience if you're actually there.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally