Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glass Hammer - Bandcamp Hi-Rez Albums

https://glasshammer.bandcamp.com/alb...hi-res-version
    GlassHammerCorCordiuimcoverart.jpg

Cor Cordium (24​​​/​​​96 hi​​​-​​​res version) Just now uploaded to Bandcamp!
    Featured Babb, Davison, Schendel and Shikoh. Really great sounding album mastered by Bob Katz. Enjoy! (More albums coming soon!)

Old man of prog
    YAYAYAYAYAY.

Quote Originally Posted by progmeister View Post
    YAYAYAYAYAY.
    Let us know what you think after you've had a listen or two.

Old man of prog
    Quote Originally Posted by Glass Hammer View Post
    Let us know what you think after you've had a listen or two.
    If any skeptics need proof that 24/96 makes a difference in your listening experience versus CD/ mp3/ AAC Glass Hammer is the band that proves it. "The Breaking of the World", "Perilous", and "Cor Cordium" are totally sublime in Hi Rez. I'm hearing details never heard before in recordings that are previously listened to quite often. The difference is like night and day. Like watching the new blockbuster "Dr. Strange" in IMAX 3D vs. small screen. Can't wait for "Ode to Echo" and most importantly "If". Giddy up
    Last edited by progmeister; 11-15-2016 at 07:59 PM.

GlassHammerCorCordiuimcoverart.jpg

Cor Cordium (24​​​/​​​96 hi​​​-​​​res version) Just now uploaded to Bandcamp!
    Featured Babb, Davison, Schendel and Shikoh. Really great sounding album mastered by Bob Katz. Enjoy! (More albums coming soon!)
    I'm thrilled GH has done this and have picked up all four titles currently on offer (plus I ripped the audio from the video disc of Double Live, so have that at 24/48.

Folks should know, however, that there's a small issue with Cor Cordium. Because, at over 18 minutes, "To Someone" is too large for Bandcamp's rules at 24/96, they had to down-res it to 24/44.1.

I understand it was a case of circumstances beyond GH's control, but those with keen ears will hear the difference, sonically, between "To Someone" and the rest of the album. I'm going to write bandcamp to complain. If they want to compete with high res online shops like HDTracks and ProStudioMasters, they need to find a way to lose that limitation, as with progressive music, jazz and classical, in particular, we know there are often longer tracks that require larger file sizes.

I want to be clear: this is not Glass Hammer's fault; it's Bandcamp's. My only gripe with GH is that they don't note this on the main page for Cor Cordium; instead it is only on the page for downloading that single track. Since most progressive fans download entire albums and so use that feature rather than single tracks, this information should have been visible on the main page as well.

But I encourage folks to complain to Bandcamp directly about this as it is really their problem to fix and surely this is neither the first nor the last time something like this has/will happen.

Bit that aside, GH's more recent albums have sounded so good on CD that I knew they'd really sing in high res...

...and boy, do they! Congrats, guys!

Quote Originally Posted by jkelman View Post
    I'm thrilled GH has done this and have picked up all four titles currently on offer (plus I ripped the audio from the video disc of Double Live, so have that at 24/48.

Folks should know, however, that there's a small issue with Cor Cordium. Because, at over 18 minutes, "To Someone" is too large for Bandcamp's rules at 24/96, they had to down-res it to 24/44.1.

I understand it was a case of circumstances beyond GH's control, but those with keen ears will hear the difference, sonically, between "To Someone" and the rest of the album. I'm going to write bandcamp to complain. If they want to compete with high res online shops like HDTracks and ProStudioMasters, they need to find a way to lose that limitation, as with progressive music, jazz and classical, in particular, we know there are often longer tracks that require larger file sizes.

I want to be clear: this is not Glass Hammer's fault; it's Bandcamp's. My only gripe with GH is that they don't note this on the main page for Cor Cordium; instead it is only on the page for downloading that single track. Since most progressive fans download entire albums and so use that feature rather than single tracks, this information should have been visible on the main page as well.

But I encourage folks to complain to Bandcamp directly about this as it is really their problem to fix and surely this is neither the first nor the last time something like this has/will happen.

Bit that aside, GH's more recent albums have sounded so good on CD that I knew they'd really sing in high res...

...and boy, do they! Congrats, guys!
    I have since updated the listing for Cor Cordium to (hi-res version)* with an explanation in the album notes section. It was disappointing to not be able to upload the 24/96 version but this is still an improvement over the 16 bit cd version. If Bandcamp will increase their file size limits I'll certainly add the 24/96. By all means, let them know you'd like to hear the 'epic' tracks in 24/96! Thanks!

Old man of prog
    Listening to "If" hi rez now!!

Thank you.

Another thing to be thankful for.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

got myself Breakin of the world... it does sound pretty awesome. Not the biggest fan of GH, but production is truly amazing. That bass is just the way I like it. That'd be a good way of testing sound systems.

Quote Originally Posted by progmatist View Post
    Another thing to be thankful for.
    interesting... is there a way for GH to send 24/96 version of 24min epic directly via BOX or something, for those who purchased hires album?
    I had that optioned worked to great success with Echolyn.
    or maybe split epic into 2 parts.

Old man of prog
    Quote Originally Posted by sergio View Post
    interesting... is there a way for GH to send 24/96 version of 24min epic directly via BOX or something, for those who purchased hires album?
    I had that optioned worked to great success with Echolyn.
    or maybe split epic into 2 parts.
    ...what he said!

yeah if there was a way to grab the epics on those in 24/96 I'd definitely be more interested
    Critter Jams "album of the week" blog: http://critterjams.wordpress.com

hey Glass Hammer, what you reckon?

Quote Originally Posted by progmeister View Post
    ...what he said!
    Ditto.
    John Kelman
    Senior Contributor, All About Jazz since 2004
    Freelance writer/photographer

I have since updated the listing for Cor Cordium to (hi-res version)* with an explanation in the album notes section. It was disappointing to not be able to upload the 24/96 version but this is still an improvement over the 16 bit cd version. If Bandcamp will increase their file size limits I'll certainly add the 24/96. By all means, let them know you'd like to hear the 'epic' tracks in 24/96! Thanks!
    First, thanks for at least making the issue more clear on Bandcamp. At least, then, people can make an informed decision ... and know where the real fault lies

And yes, it still absolutely is an improvement over CD quality. I personally think going from 16 to 24 bits is the bigger bang for the buck, as I've heard 24/44.1 albums, like the new Leonard Cohen (You Want It Darker), that are still noticeably better than their 16/44.1 CD counterparts.

So thanks...and also for putting IF up. That was my intro to Glass Hammer, from which I have since moved backwards and forwards in your catalogue. So it holds a bit of a special place for me....
    John Kelman
    Senior Contributor, All About Jazz since 2004
    Freelance writer/photographer

Quote Originally Posted by ca1ore View Post
    Nice!

Out of curiosity, should TIS be available in hirez, would it be the original or the remix? At the risk of being excoriated, I prefer the latter .
    This is the one I will be waiting for.

...worthy of being considered one of the top twenty prog albums ever made, maybe one of the ten best. -- Tom Karr - ProgressiveWorld.net --progressiveworld.net

We present The Inconsolable Secret Remix (Hi-res) on Bandcamp! 2496 except for Knight Of The North which is 2444 due to file limitations. Let us know how it sounds!

The link appears to be broken. I went directly to the Glass Hammer page on Bandcamp, but The Inconsolable Secret doesn't appear to be there.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

...worthy of being considered one of the top twenty prog albums ever made, maybe one of the ten best. -- Tom Karr - ProgressiveWorld.net --progressiveworld.net

We present The Inconsolable Secret Remix (Hi-res) on Bandcamp! 2496 except for Knight Of The North which is 2444 due to file limitations. Let us know how it sounds!

It was a day of technical issues! First of all - I supposedly "deleted" this posting. Of course now I see it's still there. Second - I went live with the uploads only to find that one track was only a duplicate of another. So I'm waiting on the source,
    Bob Katz of Digital Domain to sort it out and see if he can find the correct file.
    Thanks for your patience! I'll have it up as soon as I get it from Bob or we will post all the 24/44 versions - which I have.

It was a day of technical issues! First of all - I supposedly "deleted" this posting. Of course now I see it's still there. Second - I went live with the uploads only to find that one track was only a duplicate of another. So I'm waiting on the source,
    Bob Katz of Digital Domain to sort it out and see if he can find the correct file.
    Thanks for your patience! I'll have it up as soon as I get it from Bob or we will post all the 24/44 versions - which I have.
    Thanks! If we purchase the albums, is there a way to get access to the longer tracks in 24/96?? (Ie Dropbox and such) i am not too keen on paying full price but not receiving the entire album in premium format. Thoughts?
    Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lets try again! Bob Katz found the correct file and the remix disc should now be available for download.

Old man of prog
    Just bought and downloaded Hi Rez "Ode to Echo"

Happy Hanukkah and Merry X-Mas!

ODE TO ECHO 2496
    Featuring co-founders Steve Babb and Fred Schendel joined by guitarist Kamran Shikoh,drummer Aaron Raulston, vocalist Jon Davison and fan-favorites Carl Groves and Susie Bogdanowicz. The fourteenth studio album by Americas top-prog group also features cameo performances by past GH members Walter Moore and Michelle Young with cameos by Randy Jackson of Zebra, Rob Reed of Magenta and David Ragsdale of Kansas. Artwork by Michal Xaay Loranc and mastered by Bob Katz of Digital Domain. Originally released on CD in 2014.
    Good news! All the 2496 versions are included! Shorter tracks make the difference