Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sit down for this one- Rachel Flowers covering Birds of Fire

Quote Originally Posted by rminsk View Post
    It's back? Excellent! Thank you.
    "I tah dah nur!" - Ike

I suspect Rachels' mom is shopping for a recording deal. The problem is if she shares anything in full, it will have no market value due to file sharing. At least that is the way the record companies look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by no.nine View Post
    It's back? Excellent! Thank you.
    That is so incredible that she is able to play that on her own, let alone be ONE of the two pianists that would usually play it.

Quote Originally Posted by rminsk View Post
    From her facebook page "The Marble Head guitar is a custom built guitar made by luthier Matt Levonian."
    https://blog.osiamo.com/2012/09/03/m...matt-levonian/

Quote Originally Posted by N_Singh View Post
    In my mind, the most exciting, the most talented musician on this planet, whose scope and vision covers the entire gambit, from European classical to American jazz to progressive rock and fusion--Rachel Flowers!!! And barely over 20 years old!

This promoted John McLaughlin to comment -"Not just one, but five virtuoso performances captured on this track and you learned and played it in one day! Rachel, I have been following you for some time now and am constantly amazed by the music you make - this has shown off your talents on a whole new level. Brilliantly executed and more than that, you have captured the verve, excitement and sheer power of the original Mahavishnu Orchestra. No-one has done this better."
    Yep
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

Quote Originally Posted by Man In The Mountain View Post
    I heard she has been working on an album of originals, for quite some time already. Her mother is unable to share any of the work. I'm not sure why it seems like Rachel has been working on this project for a very long time already and not hearing anything about a release.
    Hi Martin! There is a very long answer to your question, but the short answer is simple - Rachel wanted it to be perfect. I can only get to the post office on Saturdays, since they close while I'm still at work, but I will be shipping your CD off in a few days. Once you hear it I think you'll agree that it was worth the wait! ~ jeanie

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel's Mom View Post
    Hi Martin! There is a very long answer to your question, but the short answer is simple - Rachel wanted it to be perfect. I can only get to the post office on Saturdays, since they close while I'm still at work, but I will be shipping your CD off in a few days. Once you hear it I think you'll agree that it was worth the wait! ~ jeanie
    Welcome back to PE, Jeanie! I believe my CD arrives tomorrow! In any case, I'm so excited! The best things take time, and Rachel is the best! I'm happy she wanted to get it absolutely right.

Rachel and Evelyn Glennie together for one night - whatever they want to play - DAMN!