Thread: former US soccer boss Bob Bradley takes over at Swansea City

Orcopian

former US soccer boss Bob Bradley takes over at Swansea City

Just wondering if any us soccer fans either know or care about this appointment? It is being viewed quite cynically here in the uk since the Swans now have 60% us ownership and they have just appointed the former manager of the us national team to manage a premier league team. as some one who grew up in Swansea and witnessed first hand John toshacks revolution in the early 80's I have great concerns about this appointment. If I was impartial I think it would be an interesting experiment to see if some one with seemingly ok generic football management skills could cut it in the premier league, but for me it's personal so I'd rather have someone with a proven track record. Bob seems to think his appointment would gain some new US fans- any takers here?

Dont know Bob Bradley but Swansea is a good team and should be doing better. Just be glad Roberto Martinez still isn't at the helm - barf. I say this as an Everton fan. I am happy to have Ashley Williams though, and I do love the Wales National team - watching them right now as a matter of fact. Good luck this season - just not against EFC

Swansea is in pretty poor shape right now.

Go Arsenal !!
    G.A.S -aholic

Orcopian
    Oh well he lasted 11 games before getting the sack - a pretty poor run of results and nearly 30 goals conceded with only 2 wins (one of which was the crazy 5-4 win against crystal palace). Whilst he seemed a nice guy and talked a good game unfortunately what happened on the pitch showed he was well out of his depth. Swansea have gone from a model well-run club punching above its weight to relegation fodder, and its no coincidence that it has all gone downhill since the club sold out to US investors chasing a quick buck from the riches on offer in the premiership.

The club should have stuck with Gary Monk who was sacked after not as bad a run as Bob Bradley. Monk is now doing well at Leeds and they are potential promotion candidates back into the premiership - that would be a massive achievement getting Leeds back to the big time.

Whoever they appoint has a massive challenge as Swansea's next few league opponents include Arsenal, Liverpool, Man City and Chelsea. Harry Rednapp back out of retirement is a good bet as he is a real wheeler dealer in the transfer market and Swansea will need to bring in some fresh legs in the January window.