Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: FEATURED CD: King Crimson - Lizard

Probably the main reason I keep coming back to this site is the opportunity to discover new things - even by bands I thought I knew reasonably well.

Thanks to this thread, I bought this album - liked it well enough on the first listen, have liked it a little more with each subsequent listen, & now, on my tenth or so listen, I'm absolutely hooked - loving it!

The remarkable synthesis of pastoral held over from Moonchild, the moments of early 20th century chamber music, the many different jazz inflections, including Mingus-style big band... & this is all just on The Battle of Glass Tears.

I agree with those who have underscored the fascinating way in which they used Anderson's voice.

And also with those who've emphasised how much of an integrated whole this record is.

One further connection - it had moments of strong similarity for me with Every Which Way's sole album.

Lizard is truly great, in fact it might be my absolute favourite Crimson album (and they're all great!)