Thread: Anyone Going To "Experience Hendrix"?

Anyone Going To "Experience Hendrix"?

Buddy Guy, Billy Cox, Dweezil Zappa, Jonny Lang, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Keb' Mo, Ana Popovic, etc. Got tickets for March 23, 2017 at the Fox in Detroit. And they just sent me the newly released Machine Gun: Fillmore East First Show 12/31/69 as a lovely parting gift for buying the tix (which I would have bought anyway, but what the hell!).

"And your little sister's immaculate virginity wings away on the bony shoulders of a young horse named George who stole surreptitiously into her geography revision."

Occasional musical musings on https://darkelffile.blogspot.com/

Is Eric Johnson involved in this one?
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Is Eric Johnson involved in this one?
    He's not listed on the poster, but they do mention special guests to be announced, so perhaps he's playing a few of the gigs, as he has been involved in previous ones.
    "And your little sister's immaculate virginity wings away on the bony shoulders of a young horse named George who stole surreptitiously into her geography revision."

Occasional musical musings on https://darkelffile.blogspot.com/

I just saw Ana Popovic last week. If she's involved, I'm going. I think they're coming to Louisville in March 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark Elf View Post
    Buddy Guy, Billy Cox, Dweezil Zappa, Jonny Lang, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Keb' Mo, Ana Popovic, etc. Got tickets for March 23, 2017 at the Fox in Detroit. And they just sent me the newly released Machine Gun: Fillmore East First Show 12/31/69 as a lovely parting gift for buying the tix (which I would have bought anyway, but what the hell!).

Amazing lineup. Along with the ones you mentioned you also get Zakk Wylde, Mato Nanji, Beth Hart, Doyal Bramhall II all of whom are great. I might have to take a trek over to the D for this one if I can work it out with work.

Quote Originally Posted by davis View Post
    I just saw Ana Popovic last week. If she's involved, I'm going. I think they're coming to Louisville in March 2017.
    Agree, she is fantastic although it has been a few years since I have seen her.

I've grabbed a couple shows off Dime, but have never seen them.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Bought tix yesterday. going to see them on 3/19/17, provided I'm still among the living at that time. I plan on it