Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Roger Waters in Mexico...Holy Shit!!!!

The eons are closing
    I would rather see Amused to Death in its entirety at this point. It deserved the full on Rog stage show extravaganza.
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    Yup, a spade right in the heart of the trump suit!! Join the club, crazy diamond.

1. hey a dead Maggie Bitcher is still a bitch...

2. Way too intelligent to become a vegan (or a vegetarian FTM)
    1. No comment - the last (and only) time I commented on Thatcher's delicious death resulted in the thread being pulled in record time.

2. Not a reference to his intelligence - the reference was to his love of fox-hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by jake View Post
    2. Not a reference to his intelligence - the reference was to his love of fox-hunting.
    Fox-hunting is part of britishness as the cloud of milk in a teacup... I'm alsi semi-scandalized he would participate in such a travesty of "english greatness"
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    I would rather see Amused to Death in its entirety at this point. It deserved the full on Rog stage show extravaganza.
    Same here, though at this stage it doesnt matter that much since the whole show is lip-synced anyway...
    Am going to see him on sunday from the standing pit to confirm

Quote Originally Posted by flytomars View Post
    Same here, though at this stage it doesnt matter that much since the whole show is lip-synced anyway...
    Am going to see him on sunday from the standing pit to confirm
    I can't help but feeling that it's Roger's bass playing that could be playback, not the vocals lip-synched... because Rioger is singing to far away from the original vocals for it to be pre-recorded and playback... But if you look how Waters gesticulates on stage, you wonder how he can concentrate on his bass at all.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Us and Them tour dates announced

pre-sales start Monday

I'm sure someone will start a new thread . ..

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    I can't help but feeling that it's Roger's bass playing that could be playback, not the vocals lip-synched... because Rioger is singing to far away from the original vocals for it to be pre-recorded and playback... But if you look how Waters gesticulates on stage, you wonder how he can concentrate on his bass at all.
    The latest concerts don't seem to be lip-synched - checked a few different versions of C Numb and they all sounded different. But The Wall, and In the Flesh dvd ...

“My plan absolutely is to move on,” Waters tells Billboard. “I’ve got a lot to say, and I’ve got a huge amount of material. I’ve got a whole new record [coming out next year]. Obviously I won’t play the whole new record live, but I will definitely be playing some of the music of it. This Desert Trip thing I accepted given the way the weekend was planned, which was sort of Rolling Stones/Beatles/Pink Floyd, and I thought, well, if I’m being given the mantle of Pink Floyd, it behooves me to take a good, strong, long, loving, nostalgic look at the work that David and Rick and Nick and Syd and I did together between 1967 and 1982. I think it’s a great body of work, and I was just happy to use this weekend to tip my hat to them and to that band. But moving on, we’ve got to save the world, man!” he laughs.

Hmmm, interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    http://roger-waters.com/
    The name of his upcoming tour (Fingers crossed for that one.)
    He shoots, he scores!! September 2017? Who does he think he is...Marillion? Jeez.

(Can't believe that show is almost here.)
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

DATE CITY VENUE TICKETS
    May 26 Kansas City, MO Sprint Center 10/17 for Citi & 10/21 Public
    May 28 Louisville, KY KFC Yum! Center 10/17 for Citi & 10/21 Public
    May 30 St. Louis, MO Scottrade Center 10/17 for Citi & 10/21 Public
    Jun 1 Tulsa, OK BOK Center 10/17 for Citi & 10/21 Public
    Jun 3 Denver, CO Pepsi Center 10/17 for Citi & 10/21 Public
    Jun 7 San Jose, CA SAP Center at San Jose 10/17 for Citi & 10/21 Public
    Jun 12 Sacramento, CA Golden 1 Center 10/17 for Citi & 10/21 Public
    Jun 14 Phoenix, AZ Gila River Arena 10/17 for Citi & 10/21 Public
    Jun 16 Las Vegas, NV T-Mobile Arena 10/17 for Citi & 10/21 Public
    Jun 20 Los Angeles, CA STAPLES Center 10/17 for Citi & 10/21 Public
    Jun 21 Los Angeles, CA STAPLES Center 10/17 for Citi & 10/21 Public
    Jun 24 Seattle, WA Tacoma Dome 10/17 for Citi & 10/21 Public
    Jul 3 Dallas, TX American Airlines Center 10/17 for Citi & 10/21 Public
    Jul 6 Houston, TX Toyota Center 10/17 for Citi & 10/21 Public
    Jul 11 Tampa, FL Amalie Arena 10/17 for Citi & 10/21 Public
    Jul 13 Miami, FL AmericanAirlines Arena 10/17 for Citi & 10/21 Public
    Jul 16 Atlanta, GA Infinite Energy Arena 10/17 for Citi & 10/21 Public
    Jul 18 Greensboro, NC Greensboro Coliseum 10/17 for Citi & 10/21 Public
    Jul 20 Columbus, OH Nationwide Arena 10/17 for Citi & 10/21 Public
    Jul 22 Chicago, IL United Center 10/17 for Citi & 10/21 Public
    Jul 23 Chicago, IL United Center 10/17 for Citi & 10/21 Public
    Jul 26 St. Paul, MN Xcel Energy Center 10/17 for Citi & 10/21 Public
    Aug 2 Detroit, MI The Palace of Auburn Hills 10/17 for Citi & 10/21 Public
    Aug 4 Washington, DC Verizon Center 10/17 for Citi & 10/21 Public
    Aug 8 Philadelphia, PA Wells Fargo Center 10/17 for Citi & 10/21 Public
    Aug 9 Philadelphia, PA Wells Fargo Center 10/17 for Citi & 10/21 Public
    Sep 7 Newark, NJ Prudential Center 10/17 for Citi & 10/21 Public
    Sep 11 Brooklyn, NY Barclays Center 10/17 for Citi & 10/21 Public
    Sep 12 Brooklyn, NY Barclays Center 10/17 for Citi & 10/21 Public
    Sep 15 Uniondale, NY Nassau Coliseum 10/17 for Citi & 10/21 Public
    Sep 19 Pittsburgh, PA PPG Paints Arena 10/17 for Citi & 10/21 Public
    Sep 27 Boston, MA TD Garden 10/17 for Citi & 10/21 Public
    Sep 28 Boston, MA TD Garden 10/17 for Citi & 10/21 Public
    Oct 2 Toronto, ON Air Canada Centre 10/21 Public
    Oct 3 Toronto, ON Air Canada Centre 10/21 Public
    Oct 6 Quebec City, QC Videotron Centre 10/21 Public
    Oct 10 Ottawa, ON Canadian Tire Centre 10/21 Public
    Oct 16 Montreal, QC Bell Centre 10/22 Public
    Oct 24 Edmonton, AB Rogers Place 10/21 Public
    Oct 28 Vancouver, BC Rogers Arena

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Jun 7 San Jose, CA SAP Center at San Jose
    Oh boy, let's hear rock music in a big, reverberating metal shed!

Or not.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Does it trouble anyone that when the camera pans on the adoring sheeple*... Oh, sorry, ...adoring fans, standing with arms raised, mouths open, & eyes closed, were probably born AFTER Roger parted ways with Pink Floyd?

* Sorry, Roger, but I could not resist offering you a taste of your own medicine.
    I've got a bike you can ride it if you like

The eons are closing
    If there was a giant Gerald Scarfe puppet of Rog shambling around and 'spitting' on the reverential eyes closed audience, that concert would be an auto-attend.
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Interesting little post-

https://www.facebook.com/rogerwaters...89284701115333

*** "Pink Floyd reunites to stand with the Women of the Gaza Freedom Flotilla" - David Gilmour, Nick Mason and Roger Waters stand united in support of the Women of the Gaza Freedom Flotilla, and deplore their illegal arrest and detention in international waters by the Israeli Defense Force. ***

Hmmmmm....
    Interesting little post? This is not little and sorry folks Roger Waters is a misguided fool, sorry I don't usually post like this but just do a little research as to what this is all about

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    If there was a giant Gerald Scarfe puppet of Rog shambling around and 'spitting' on the reverential eyes closed audience, that concert would be an auto-attend.
    I think good'ol Rog made amends for that since

Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    Does it trouble anyone that when the camera pans on the adoring sheeple*... Oh, sorry, ...adoring fans, standing with arms raised, mouths open, & eyes closed, were probably born AFTER Roger parted ways with Pink Floyd?

* Sorry, Roger, but I could not resist offering you a taste of your own medicine.

has he noticed and replied to your post yet???

please let us all know. thanks!!

Old man of prog
    http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/roger-...-4bfddb6e.html

Fearless!!?? Are you fucking kidding me!!?? Dogs, Pigs, One Of These Days, etc., etc., etc.

Damn, Wish I Was There.

Vids on youtube.com, can't post from phone.

...talk about missed opportunities...would have been the perfect time for Trump to build his wall..with Waters on the Mexican side of it !!!

Douche nozzle.

Finally had a chance to listen to this show today.. I think Roger / and his band sound great.. Tremendous set list.. Looking forward to catching his tour next year..

So, who's in the band now? I thought I could see Dave Kilminster, and I suppose Harry Waters is still there. What about Snowy Whilte?

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    The latest concerts don't seem to be lip-synched - checked a few different versions of C Numb and they all sounded different. But The Wall, and In the Flesh dvd ...
    You are right, this is very surprising for me as the show I saw ten years ago had RW vocals in about half of it (one quarter lip sync, one quarter other singers)
    After seeing him in desert trip up close, I can say for certain that at least 3 songs are lip synced, at least twice as much are actual live, and the rest I could not decide for sure (so leaning toward live)
    This is surprising because even songs that were definately lip synced before (ie have a cigar) are now sung live, or RW got much better at lip syncing and created recorded vocals with imperfections
    The bass playing is also definately live (am not completely sure about one of these days as it has tons of effects, but I asdume since the rest of the bass playing was live then this one is too)

PS - the show itself was mind blowing, the visuals and lasers and flying pigs and the surround and efects- WOW