Thread: Wovenhand Consider the Birds

Wovenhand Consider the Birds

To me this is the closest there is to a perfect Wovenhand album. Although I don't think anyone here would consider them progressive, they are to me more experimental then most progressive bands today that just do standard progressive music. David Eugene Edwards is one of the best lyricists around. Has anyone heard the new Cd?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried them a few years ago. Liked a lot of what I heard but thought they wore the Nick Cave influence a little too obviously.

Does it matter that this waste of time is what makes a life for you?

well, I prefer Wovenhand than 16HP, but their best period is now behind them >> Mosaic and Birds are my faves from DEE and the gang. Saw them live around the Theshingfloor era.

But last album I heard was Laughing Stalk, and I wasn't impressed (could not find it interesting enough tostop sampling here & there and actually start listening to it.

And no, I don't find DEE a good lyricist.... he's a very tortured and twisted individual that would be well-advised in stopping to believe in his religious chimeras
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by Fracktured View Post
    To me this is the closest there is to a perfect Wovenhand album.
    Seconded. I was just digging it out myself since there's no better time of year. This is the one where they perfectly nailed exactly what they were going for. The first four are all pretty solid, then from Ten Stones onward it starts falling apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    I don't find DEE a good lyricist....
    I think he's occasionally a good lyricist; he's just way too one-note. You can only keep hammering away at the same theme for so long before it gets old (and this theme was pretty old to begin with).

Quote Originally Posted by Spiral View Post
    You can only keep hammering away at the same theme for so long before it gets old (and this theme was pretty old to begin with).
    Well Roger Waters certainly seems to be hitting on the same nails, but he's a real good lyricist (probably the best in the business, IMHO)
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.