Thread: Virgil Donati - Dawn of Time

The Enemy God

Virgil Donati - Dawn of Time

Have only had time to give this a quick spin but very unusual music. Orchestral symphonic music with some great electric bass, Hadrien Feraud and Virgils time bending beats and power flourishes. Trying to think what it reminds me off, sort of Zappa, orchestral Emerson, Bozzio, minimalism. Worth checking out if you are a fan and a very ambitious project.

Sounds interesting. Any clips anywhere?

I like some of the stuff he does:

Virgil = autobuy. I'll need to pick this up.

I'll wanna hear some first
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

The Enemy God
    It's on I tunes with sample clips

Unfortunately, I don't need to hear this to know I want it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeuhlmate View Post
    Sounds interesting. Any clips anywhere?

I like some of the stuff he does:

Yes indeed, the funky quintuplet action. He's such a monster

I liked his track with Holdworth, "Earth" which has some lovely drum work on.

Thanks for sharing this video. Presumably a teaser only? Time to check out the album

Not much of a tune per se but quite the impressive vignette
    Last edited by Polypet; 10-01-2016 at 11:04 PM.
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

Quote Originally Posted by Polypet View Post
    Yes indeed, the funky quintuplet action. He's such a monster

I liked his track with Holdworth, "Earth" which has some lovely drum work on.

Thanks for sharing this video. Presumably a teaser only? Time to check out the album

Not much of a tune
    no teaser here. Trinity is from In This Life. Artyom Manukyan was the cellist on Paradise Lost from that album. Anton Davidyants is probably best known around here for Impact Fuze and maybe Alkotrio. on the last tour, Virgil often worked with local musicians like Anton while in Russia. André Nieri was the only musician with Virgil every show. Trinity was one of the tunes André played while competing in Guitar Idol 4 (2014) which he did win. Marco Sfogli played the part on the album though. right now, he's the guitarist for PFM on their current tour. round and round it goes....sorry, maybe you already knew all that. I do give the new one two thumbs up though. still sounds like Virgil but he is an acquired taste. in a nutshell, The Dawn Of Time is Planet X unplugged.

cheers
    i.ain't.dead.irock

Quote Originally Posted by proggosaurus View Post
    no teaser here. Trinity is from In This Life. Artyom Manukyan was the cellist on Paradise Lost from that album. Anton Davidyants is probably best known around here for Impact Fuze and maybe Alkotrio. on the last tour, Virgil often worked with local musicians like Anton while in Russia. André Nieri was the only musician with Virgil every show. Trinity was one of the tunes André played while competing in Guitar Idol 4 (2014) which he did win. Marco Sfogli played the part on the album though. right now, he's the guitarist for PFM on their current tour. round and round it goes....sorry, maybe you already knew all that. I do give the new one two thumbs up though. still sounds like Virgil but he is an acquired taste. in a nutshell, The Dawn Of Time is Planet X unplugged.

cheers
    Yes, that was very nice. Thanks
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...