Thread: Eloy - what's next?

Eloy - what's next?

I'm a great fan of Eloy and have heard/read about a future project/album. As I'm not on Facebook..what's the latest on this? Been a fan since 1978 and love the band to bits...

Well, I do know about The Pyre & The Sword, but what's the latest?

Dear ELOY friends,
    Following a long period renewed radio silence I’m happy to be able to inform you that following two years of intensive composition and lyric-writing on my part and constant parallel recording sessions with all the musicians the production for the first of the two albums of The Vision, The Sword and The Pyre will soon be finished.
    This obviously refers to my long-announced rock opera on the subject of Jeanne dŽArc, which is by far the most elaborate and ambitious that I’ve ever tackled, and one that has now been realised for the first time in a particular version with the band. The release of Part 1 (which alone contains around 1 hour of music!) is planned for the beginning of 2017.
    The extremely time-consuming complete realisation of this complex project demanded another year of additional production time and forces us to release the work on two consecutive albums. Nevertheless, I’m convinced that this creative effort, in which the band once again performed at the best of their capabilities, has been worth it.
    The stated goal is to serve you the absolute culmination of our musical creativity with this work. Even though I have penned the work exclusively, and it is to be presented as a spectacular stage version, there was no shortage of creative contributions from other band members. What awaits you then is a work with a sound absolutely typical for ELOY members with lots of surprises, and also a conceptual musical experience, which is sure to remind you of the many highlights of the band’s long history.
    Get ready to be surprised!
    Yours,
    Frank

I'm intrigued
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

yes pls
    Nearfest 2017 plssss
    flute juice

Quote Originally Posted by arise_shine View Post
    yes pls
    Nearfest 2017 plssss
    well, how about RoSfest?

i'm betting that would sell a few tickets. it would certain push me to the 'buy' side of the fence that i'm straddling given the bands announced so far this year.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    "This obviously refers to my long-announced rock opera on the subject of Jeanne dŽArc, the first volume of which will be called Ocean 3."

Oh'boy, I'm being utterly amazed by these news Can't wait for these two projects. Thanks alot!! So great to see Frank still kicking, writing and playing. Bring on 2017..

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hour Candle View Post
    Oh'boy, I'm being utterly amazed by these news Can't wait for these two projects. Thanks alot!! So great to see Frank still kicking, writing and playing. Bring on 2017..
    Yeah, I'm looking forward to hearing this!

Can't wait to hear this new stuff. I've been a fan of Eloy for so many years..the music...the lyrics... Wow, amazed. Tomorrow I plan to go through Inside up until and through Visionary.. What a blessing and being free from the office, what a way to celebrate :-) Just one question.. Are there any good Eloy live recordings laying around? I do have and love those officials...