Thread: Question about the Viscounts

Pendulumswingingdoomsday Rune Blackwings's Avatar

Question about the Viscounts

Was this band from Vineland, NJ? I saw they were from NJ while looking up the soundtrack for Christine and I recall my ex-boyfriend Bob saying the guy who owned the Concha D'Ora bakery was in a band called Vinnie and the Viscounts or "Johnny V and the Viscounts" or something.
    "Alienated-so alien I go!"

Best I could tell from internet research is that The Viscounts, the band famous for their 1959 version of the 1931 song "Harlem Nocturne" were formed in 1958 "In New Jersey." Nobody says exactly where. The band consisted of Harry Haller - saxophone, Bobby Spievak - guitar, Joe Spievak - bass guitar, Larry Vecchio - electric organ and Clark Smith - drums.

The Conca D'Oro Italian Pastry Shop was founded in 1935 in Newark NJ. In 1976 they moved to their present location in Union NJ. In April 2016 the owner was named Juan (per Yelp).

No mention of a connection on either website.

Pendulumswingingdoomsday Rune Blackwings's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rcarlberg View Post
    Best I could tell from internet research is that The Viscounts, the band famous for their 1959 version of the 1931 song "Harlem Nocturne" were formed in 1958 "In New Jersey." Nobody says exactly where. The band consisted of Harry Haller - saxophone, Bobby Spievak - guitar, Joe Spievak - bass guitar, Larry Vecchio - electric organ and Clark Smith - drums.

The Conca D'Oro Italian Pastry Shop was founded in 1935 in Newark NJ. In 1976 they moved to their present location in Union NJ. In April 2016 the owner was named Juan (per Yelp).

No mention of a connection on either website.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/la-conca-d-...akery-vineland
    "Alienated-so alien I go!"