Thread: Astra

Astra

Anyone know if they have hung it up or what. Still waiting for the follow up to The Black Chord. Suprised they weren't ask to play Progtoberfest 😔😕

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Big fan here, but have not heard anything about them in a while. According to their web site it does not look like they have played any live shows in over a year.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Big fan here, but have not heard anything about them in a while. According to their web site it does not look like they have played any live shows in over a year.
    I'm still waiting for me to pull the trigger on their two albums (it is two isn't it?) They've been on my radar for YEARS! Just one of the countless bands that continue to slip through my fingers over the years.

The Black Chord was great. Would be nice to get an update on them if anyone knows whats up. Hope they haven't hung it up.

The last thing I remember hearing from on FB was that hey had replaced their drummer (wonder if the new guy plays flute, too). But I don't even remember when that was.

We got two really good albums out of them; that may be it, my friend.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

I'd love to hear more from them. Last time I heard they were writing new music with a new drummer, but it's been a while. Good luck to them anyway.

Estimated Prophet notallwhowander's Avatar
    Brian Ellis has been doing things with the El Paraiso label, but nothing like Astra. So I assume the other members haven't been stagnant either. I'd love another album and possibly a gig I could get to.
    Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world.

If you can't get enough of them, check out pre-Astra band Silver Sunshine. Also here's a nice recording from their 2013 tour:

http://3voor12.vpro.nl/luisterpaal/p...urn-2013~.html