Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Time limit between posts is not good

I like to know when people have just joined and have never posted before, so I think its helpful. I tend to give people who have been around more attention than the newcomer. Not that I ignore them, I just like to know if I am talking to someone with roots in this community This will help. I have been going on recognizing peoples avatars.

Banned
    Thanks, Duncan.

Quote Originally Posted by Yodelgoat View Post
    I like to know when people have just joined and have never posted before, so I think its helpful. I tend to give people who have been around more attention than the newcomer. Not that I ignore them, I just like to know if I am talking to someone with roots in this community This will help. I have been going on recognizing peoples avatars.
    It shows the date people joined too, so that is helpful in that respect.

I like the post counter. It shows who is active (and how active) and who is less so. I don't think anyone gets a feather in their cap for a high post count, so I don't quite get the whole drive-up-the-count thing.

I'd just like to state for the record that 95% of my count is attributable to my participation in the "Whatever happened to..." call and response thread. I wouldn't want any of the usual Über-poster suspects thinking I'm in any kind of competition or whatnot just by looking at my post count...
    -=Will you stand by me against the cold night, or are you afraid of the ice?=-

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    One of the reason's i bailed on that thread, it was getting updated so often
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    One of the reason's i bailed on that thread, it was getting updated so often
    It's a great time killer / entertainment for the core participants...

Quote Originally Posted by 100423 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Yodelgoat View Post
    It shows the date people joined too, so that is helpful in that respect.
    Indeed, date of joining is definitively more important as an indicator than post counts >> I look at it when I'm WTF'ing at a post. I even supported that we install our PE 2.0 joining date instead of almost everyone having the Nov 12 date.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    I like the post counter. It shows who is active (and how active) and who is less so. I don't think anyone gets a feather in their cap for a high post count, so I don't quite get the whole drive-up-the-count thing.
    Actually, I do

I'm kind of embarrassed by a high post count as I don't like my post count to reflect how little of a life I have outside PE (and PA, but I got that one under control )

But I know some people are posting junk just so they can beef up their post counter and look like they own the place....
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

He-who-must-post-videos will hit 100 within a week.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    He-who-must-post-videos -and-bandcamp-links will hit 100 within a week.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    He's only currently at 58 behind RTFR666 (158), progeezer (121), and mozo-pg (110) who all particiapte in the Word Association thread
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    He's only currently at 58 behind RTFR666 (158), progeezer (121), and mozo-pg (110) who all particiapte in the Word Association thread
    See #55