Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Survivor: Millennials vs. Gen. X - Season 33

I like Naked and Afraid and definitely like XL more. I have all of season 2 saved and plan to start watching it this week.

Quote Originally Posted by NeonKnight View Post
    For those with the History Channel and jonesing for surviving some reality TV I endorse Alone.

In all ways except backstabbing, this show out survives Survivor. I binge watched the first 3 seasons over the last month or so.

I might like it so much because I enjoyed Survivorman too. First two seasons feature ten contestants left alone on Vancouver Island, all given standard survival gear, tarps, sleeping bags etc, and 10 optional items out of a list of 40. (Third season is in Patagonia)

All are issued 4 cameras and gear and have to videotape themselves (like Survivorman) surviving among the bears, wolves and cougars that mob the island. (no firearms either!) They also get weekly visits from medical and a sat phone to tap out.

No time limit, whoever lasts the longest out there wins half a million. Not enough cash IMV, but great reality TV.
    I love this show as it is true surviving. Very gritty without all the fluff Loved Survivorman as well...Les Stroud is the real deal.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Naked And Afraid is great, and the XL version is better.

Blurring the naughty bits bugs me, though. I 'get' that it's on family TV, and I'm not trying to turn it into something sexual - but it gets in the way...

"Alone" might be interesting - will check it out.
    Regards,

Duncan

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NeonKnight View Post
    For those with the History Channel and jonesing for surviving some reality TV I endorse Alone.

In all ways except backstabbing, this show out survives Survivor. I binge watched the first 3 seasons over the last month or so.

I might like it so much because I enjoyed Survivorman too. First two seasons feature ten contestants left alone on Vancouver Island, all given standard survival gear, tarps, sleeping bags etc, and 10 optional items out of a list of 40. (Third season is in Patagonia)

All are issued 4 cameras and gear and have to videotape themselves (like Survivorman) surviving among the bears, wolves and cougars that mob the island. (no firearms either!) They also get weekly visits from medical and a sat phone to tap out.

No time limit, whoever lasts the longest out there wins half a million. Not enough cash IMV, but great reality TV.
    So if someone's attacked by a cougar or a bear, there's no one to help them, possibly for a week? The show's insurance costs must be astronomical.

PE Member Since 4/9/2002 NeonKnight's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    So if someone's attacked by a cougar or a bear, there's no one to help them, possibly for a week? The show's insurance costs must be astronomical.
    Yeah, the insurance has to be a hell of a lot more then the prize $!

OTOH, think of the ratings if there was an attack!

Help is a bit closer then a week, the sat phone brings the boat in within hours, during the day. At night, they come in overland, so, a bit longer....

Also, you are issued bear spray and flares, surely enough to hold off any hungry wild animal, right????.....
    “Where words fail, music speaks.” - Hans Christian Anderson

If I got attacked by a cougar I'd just submit to her graciously, and-

Oh, wait, you meant that kind of cougar!
    Regards,

Duncan

If you're looking for the new Survivor thread, Gruno started it here, http://www.progressiveears.org/forum...light=survivor