Page 60 of 236 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110160 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 5884

Thread: The Damn I'm Old Thread - Putting Up With Being a Geezer

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
    Found out two days ago I have to have a hernia operation. I always thought that was for old guys - now I are one.
    I was 3.

When are you having your hernia surgery, Luigi?

If they're going to keep you overnight I'll need the hospital's address to send the black roses.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    When are you having your hernia surgery, Luigi?

If they're going to keep you overnight I'll need the hospital's address to send the black roses.
    I see the doctor who's to do the operation in mid-January. My regular doctor says I'll probably be in and out on the same day.

I'm seeing from here on PE and elsewhere a hernia is not just in the realm of elderly men. My brother's wife has one.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

What kind of hernia? There are many kinds, and they're all different.

My wife had surgery 3 years ago for a hiatal hernia. It was a big procedure, but it was a life saver!
    Regards,

Duncan

Here's the latest on NR and NMN by popular demand:

Harvard microbiologist David Sinclair of resveratrol fame has been running human trials of NMN, a vitamin B3 derivative that is similar to NR. You can buy NMN on Amazon for about 25% more than NR but Sinclair is trying to improve upon it so that he can patent NMN "plus". Sinclair has been taking between 500 mg and 1,000 mg of NMN for three years and says he no longer gets hangovers. I don't either with 250 mg of NR a day.

Sinclair said this a few days ago:
    ------
    "We are looking at reprogramming cells to make them young again. We think we found an underlying cause of aging, and we’re able to dial that forwards and to some extent backwards.

“I think the public doesn’t realize how advanced this technology is and how many investors and companies are also involved. 2019 is going to be a watershed year for this field. Just so many things are converging. The science, the business side, the clinical trials reporting out, and the general interest from the public — all of that means that in a year from now, we may find ourselves in one of the most interesting times in human history."
    ------

One year is too fast but perceptions could change by late 2019.

https://medium.com/neodotlife/biotec...9-e365d12f2e6d

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Glenday View Post
    What kind of hernia? There are many kinds, and they're all different.
    Won't know until I see the doctor next week. I've add a dull pain down there for several weeks. Once in a while I feel a bulge down there, and I can push it back in. I know, it disgusts me, too.
    Lou

Won't know until I see the doctor next week. I've add a dull pain down there for several weeks. Once in a while I feel a bulge down there, and I can push it back in. I know, it disgusts me, too.
    I just had this image of Dean Martin grabbing his crotch and pushing in a hernia.

Thanks, man. Much appreciated.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    I just had this image of Dean Martin grabbing his crotch and pushing in a hernia.

Thanks, man. Much appreciated.
    We aim to please.
    Lou

We aim to please.

You aim too, please.
    You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...

Update on my gall bladder. Got it out of there today. First major surgery in 60 years since the first one. Same area.
    Glad for the three day weekend. Getting an early start. Moving pretty slow 😑
    But the results should be good and worth it. Gonna be 'spensive.

Times sure have changed since I had general anesthesia/scalpel gall bladder surgery in 1982 before the advent of the medical use of the laser and was in the hospital healing for 7 days post-op.

Glad it went well, Mark.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

In the last 12 months

A hole in the bowel. Goodbye 20cm of Bowel

2 x Hip replacements

hip-x-ray-double.jpg

I don't have a pic of My bowel
    “Pleasure and pain can be experienced simultaneously,” she said, gently massaging my back as we listened to her Coldplay CD.

I have my hernia repaired a week from Monday. Doc says I'll be in and out of the operatory in an hour and recovery will be less than a day. Shucks, I was hoping to bunk work for more than that.
    Lou

Quote Originally Posted by Chain View Post
    You look as if you need to lose a few pounds.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

But I am all skin and bone as you can see
    “Pleasure and pain can be experienced simultaneously,” she said, gently massaging my back as we listened to her Coldplay CD.

I assumed that was the Aussie cover of Brain Salad Surgery.

About a week ago, I couldn't find my flashlight (or torch for you Brits). While searching for it, I turned on the flashlight in my hand to illuminate where I was looking for my flashlight.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

^ No worries. Occasionally I'll check my back pocket for my phone and get a little frantic if the phone's not there, to then realize, I've got the damn thing in my hand.

Banned
    Ha! I left my phone in my boss's office only yesterday where it was picked up and returned to me after about 50 pictures were taken of various employees making faces, bending over, giving me the finger etc. etc.

Here's one of the tamer ones:
    Off2.jpg

... now you know why I work here. Not too may places I actually fit in.
    Last edited by Buddhabreath; 01-24-2019 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by progmatist View Post
    About a week ago, I couldn't find my flashlight (or torch for you Brits). While searching for it, I turned on the flashlight in my hand to illuminate where I was looking for my flashlight.
    I've searched for my glasses - while actually wearing them!

Regards,

Duncan

I put my iPad somewhere for safekeeping about 3 years ago....

Yup ... that's right .....

I'm trying to get into some sort of better shape than I am in now. I work on the 8th floor of a 10-story building in Boston. So I figure what better way than to take the stairs up and down. I've been at it for two weeks now and I'm still huffing and puffing by the time I get up to the 4th floor.
    Lou

Some of you old geezers may have heard of a podcast called The Joe Rogan Show. I read that Harvard microbiologist David Sinclair will talk about NMN (Rogan uses NR) and I assume the research behind these likely health pills and what might be coming on his show, January 29th.

Oh, a pilot study was published this week showed that ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease) patients who took 1,200 mg of NR (along with some pterostilbine found in blueberries) showed a significant slowing in their decline and muscle improvement along with a decline in skeletal fat.

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/...nalCode=iafd20

Quote Originally Posted by Buddhabreath View Post
    Ha! I left my phone in my boss's office only yesterday where it was picked up and returned to me after about 50 pictures were taken of various employees making faces, bending over, giving me the finger etc. etc.

Here's one of the tamer ones:
    Off2.jpg

... now you know why I work here. Not too may places I actually fit in.
    Might be a good idea to lock the home screen with a PIN. I started locking my phone because I've misplaced it before.