Thread: The Damn I'm Old Thread - Putting Up With Being a Geezer

Quote Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
    Found out two days ago I have to have a hernia operation. I always thought that was for old guys - now I are one.
    I was 3.

When are you having your hernia surgery, Luigi?

If they're going to keep you overnight I'll need the hospital's address to send the black roses.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    When are you having your hernia surgery, Luigi?

If they're going to keep you overnight I'll need the hospital's address to send the black roses.
    I see the doctor who's to do the operation in mid-January. My regular doctor says I'll probably be in and out on the same day.

I'm seeing from here on PE and elsewhere a hernia is not just in the realm of elderly men. My brother's wife has one.
    Lou

Awarded the Krusty Brand Seal of Approval. It's not just good, it's good enough.

What kind of hernia? There are many kinds, and they're all different.

My wife had surgery 3 years ago for a hiatal hernia. It was a big procedure, but it was a life saver!
    Regards,

Duncan

This place has become the "Cheers" of the Internet.
    -- Rushfan

Here's the latest on NR and NMN by popular demand:

Harvard microbiologist David Sinclair of resveratrol fame has been running human trials of NMN, a vitamin B3 derivative that is similar to NR. You can buy NMN on Amazon for about 25% more than NR but Sinclair is trying to improve upon it so that he can patent NMN "plus". Sinclair has been taking between 500 mg and 1,000 mg of NMN for three years and says he no longer gets hangovers. I don't either with 250 mg of NR a day.

Sinclair said this a few days ago:
    ------
    "We are looking at reprogramming cells to make them young again. We think we found an underlying cause of aging, and we’re able to dial that forwards and to some extent backwards.

“I think the public doesn’t realize how advanced this technology is and how many investors and companies are also involved. 2019 is going to be a watershed year for this field. Just so many things are converging. The science, the business side, the clinical trials reporting out, and the general interest from the public — all of that means that in a year from now, we may find ourselves in one of the most interesting times in human history."
    ------

One year is too fast but perceptions could change by late 2019.

https://medium.com/neodotlife/biotec...9-e365d12f2e6d

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Glenday View Post
    What kind of hernia? There are many kinds, and they're all different.
    Won't know until I see the doctor next week. I've add a dull pain down there for several weeks. Once in a while I feel a bulge down there, and I can push it back in. I know, it disgusts me, too.
    Lou

Awarded the Krusty Brand Seal of Approval. It's not just good, it's good enough.

Won't know until I see the doctor next week. I've add a dull pain down there for several weeks. Once in a while I feel a bulge down there, and I can push it back in. I know, it disgusts me, too.
    I just had this image of Dean Martin grabbing his crotch and pushing in a hernia.

Thanks, man. Much appreciated.
    This conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    I just had this image of Dean Martin grabbing his crotch and pushing in a hernia.

Thanks, man. Much appreciated.
    We aim to please.
    Lou

We aim to please.

You aim too, please.
    "Moustache stays right where it's at" - Clutch

Update on my gall bladder. Got it out of there today. First major surgery in 60 years since the first one. Same area.
    Glad for the three day weekend. Getting an early start. Moving pretty slow 😑
    But the results should be good and worth it. Gonna be 'spensive.

Times sure have changed since I had general anesthesia/scalpel gall bladder surgery in 1982 before the advent of the medical use of the laser and was in the hospital healing for 7 days post-op.

Glad it went well, Mark.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

In the last 12 months

A hole in the bowel. Goodbye 20cm of Bowel

2 x Hip replacements

hip-x-ray-double.jpg

I don't have a pic of My bowel
    “Pleasure and pain can be experienced simultaneously,” she said, gently massaging my back as we listened to her Coldplay CD.