Page 15 of 38 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Premier League 16-17

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Bizarre winning goal, did Pickford actually keep the ball in play?
    If I had not actually watched it, I wouldn't have believed it...….WHAT AN ENDING !!!!!

...And Man U keep sliding further back
    G.A.S -aholic

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Bizarre winning goal, did Pickford actually keep the ball in play?
    Yes he did, he could so easily have tipped it over for a corner. It was the 96th minute of a 94 minute game, there would not have been time to take it. He put it straight in the path of Origi, it was bizarre in the extreme.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersonic Scientist View Post
    If I had not actually watched it, I wouldn't have believed it...….WHAT AN ENDING !!!!!

...And Man U keep sliding further back
    Will have to see if I can catch this on one of the international news channels. As to Manchester Utd, after Maureen's latest petulant outbursts, you have to wonder how long it's going to be before the axe falls. He's truly lost the plot.

Pickford looked like he thought he could catch the ball. Poor lapse of judgment. He is still an amazing keeper and I'm glad he's at EFC. Wednesday vs Newcastle!
    If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

"And it's only the giving
    That makes you what you are" - Ian Anderson

....and Hughes has finally gone. Not before time - beats me how the likes of him, Pardew, Pulis, Allardyce et al keep getting jobs.

I think they will find it harder and harder to get Premier League jobs, they have largely been sussed out, and especially for Allardyce and his grubby money hunting ways.

Interesting article in the Guardian today that Manchester City may be banned from next seasons Champions League for flouting financial fair play rules... will they have the balls to see this though?

Without a more level playing field the game is going to be stifled. The exceptional year that Leicester had will never be repeated by anybody outside of the "elite" and nobody has the financial muscle to close the gap. Whilst I enjoy watching games on TV, I have only been to one match in three seasons at West Ham, whereas I used to have a season ticket for 25 years. The money aspect has largely ruined the game for the majority of supporters of the "lesser" teams.

^The salaries of these players can be eye-watering for sure - but then again its like that in most big sports, especially in the USA.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Wednesday vs Newcastle!
    Good result for Newcastle, now if we could only get a new owner.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Couldn't get a stream, I guess well take a point.

Wolves vs Chelsea - 2-1...HA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man U vs ARS - 2-2....could have been worse for MU....
    G.A.S -aholic

Yes 3 wins in a row for West Ham, first time in two years we have managed that, and up to a respectable 10th. We have some pretty winnable games ahead in the next few weeks, fingers crossed! Apart from the first 4 games we have incredibly shown top 6 form

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisK View Post
    Yes 3 wins in a row for West Ham, first time in two years we have managed that, and up to a respectable 10th. We have some pretty winnable games ahead in the next few weeks, fingers crossed! Apart from the first 4 games we have incredibly shown top 6 form
    Steady on.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Well that's what Pellegrini said earlier! Let's face it Man Utd are 6th on 26 points and we have taken 21 from our last 12 games, after taking none from our first four, so I make that correct!

Bah. Foxes back to usual ways: beat or draw with the crap teams, lose to the good ones. With the squad we have we really ought to be showing more ambition than this, and it again really makes me wonder if Puel is the man to get the best out of them.

It’s more about who can replace Jamie Vardy when he is out. He is a unique talent and obviously there are not many strikers of his quality around. Mind you Spurs are on a very good run, it is no shame to lose to them.

Many teams are suffering from a dearth of goals up front. Happily for us, although Arnautovic is out for a month, we seem to have found our shooting boots in other areas, which makes a change.

Flipping Newcastle, we were playing pretty well, in our limited style, against Wolves and then Yedlin picked up a stupid red card, lasted until the 93rd minute when we gave up a soft counter-attack goal. We really should have had a penalty for an elbow to the head by Boly on Perez, and that would have been a second yellow for Boly. Tough outcome to take.
    Ian

Very tough result on Newcastle I thought. I'm going to a gig with my Geordie mate on Thursday (he's another Ian), hope he isn't too down!

Jose sacked.

Not surprising
    Ian

Not undeserved.

It was overdue. MU has been a wreck for a while now and I'm hoping they can get an energetic coach who can inspire these players into a cohesive unit and get some wins.

Jose was/is a man-child cry-baby....talented but emotionally fragile.
    G.A.S -aholic

Quote Originally Posted by Supersonic Scientist View Post
    It was overdue. MU has been a wreck for a while now and I'm hoping they can get an energetic coach who can inspire these players into a cohesive unit and get some wins.

Jose was/is a man-child cry-baby....talented but emotionally fragile.
    I'm not sure he is so talented anymore. He has some of the better players at his disposal and can't get the proper results. His personality is his biggest bane imo. Guys like Pep, Klopp, Pochettino, etc have the ability to reach their players without their egos spoiling the entire thing. I really think that Jose's best days are behind him and he is going to continue down this lonely road.

Manchester United have become everything their fans laughed at not so long ago:
    Spending money like City; talking about history like Liverpool; aiming for 4th place like Arsenal; & changing managers like Chelsea.

Mark Hughes is available...

(merriment aside, I wonder if they will be able to tempt Blanc or Zizou? - or to lure Poch, for whom they have long harboured respect, in particular for his young player development skills, if not for his trophy winning abilities!)

Quote Originally Posted by per anporth View Post
    (merriment aside, I wonder if they will be able to tempt Blanc or Zizou? - or to lure Poch, for whom they have long harboured respect, in particular for his young player development skills, if not for his trophy winning abilities!)
    Good question, but I don't see Poch leaving Spurs, but then again if they ponied up enough pound sterling, its hard to turn that down. Tottenham have a very good thing going right now, and he seems like he has some loyalty to those lads. But the football world is pretty crazy, so anything can happen.