Page 17 of 38 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: Premier League 16-17

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Man am I pissed that all the FA Cup games are only on ESPN+, what a con, buy the rights and then put it on a channel where people have to sign up for more cost. Arseholes.
    I'm getting the point where I find the FA cup little more than an irritating intrusion into the league season. Sad, but it's a competition that really means very little anymore (to me), and just crams more games into an already over-packed season.

Quote Originally Posted by kid_runningfox View Post
    I'm getting the point where I find the FA cup little more than an irritating intrusion into the league season. Sad, but it's a competition that really means very little anymore (to me), and just crams more games into an already over-packed season.
    Yeah, but the semi-final and final are always good fun. But overall, yeah, an annoyance probably unless you're there.

Ian, gotta get Mobdro on your phone.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    What is Mobdro?
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

What is Mobdro?
    free app on your phone.....you can stream games and channels from the UK, Canada, etc. I learned about it on the Everton Forum I'm on. It seems fairly safe to me - been using it for a few years now.

I pretty much just use it to watch Everton when they aren't on NBCSN or any other cable channel. They are usually broadcast in Canada and I can see their games.
    If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

"And it's only the giving
    That makes you what you are" - Ian Anderson

Man am I pissed that all the FA Cup games are only on ESPN+, what a con, buy the rights and then put it on a channel where people have to sign up for more cost. Arseholes.
    100% agree...bummer.
    G.A.S -aholic

Liverpool knocked out of the FA Cup by Wolves

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Liverpool knocked out of the FA Cup by Wolves
    Are you shitting me!?!?!?!?

Ha...I hope that puts a damper on their Premiere League mind-set moving forward.
    G.A.S -aholic

When I was young I remember that the FA cup was considered something 'holy'. Even more important that the league championship.

Liverpool put 9 different players in the starting lineup compared to the man city game. After 6 minutes, when Lovren left injured, there were even 10 different players. They obviously did not take it serious. The FA cup is loosing its status quickly.

There are so many games for the players right now; premier League, FA cup, league cup, champions league, international games. It is just too much. A club like Liverpool has to make choices. They choose premier league and Champions league. Cant really blame them.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersonic Scientist View Post
    Are you shitting me!?!?!?!?

Ha...I hope that puts a damper on their Premiere League mind-set moving forward.
    Actually, I think this shows that Liverpool is focusing more on the league championship and the Champions League.

Did you see the lineup the Reds used in the game? Two kids making their first appearance. Alberto Moreno, who should only be an injury fill-in at this point. Simon Mingolet in goal, who was as rusty as an old car. No Virgil or Mane at all. No Mo or Firmino until the 70th minute. Should they still have beaten Wolves? Probably, but I'm not concerned with the ouster.

On to bigger and better things....

YNWA
    "It's such a fine line between stupid and... clever" -- David St. Hubbins & Derek Smalls, Spinal Tap

Quote Originally Posted by paythesnuka View Post
    Actually, I think this shows that Liverpool is focusing more on the league championship and the Champions League.

Did you see the lineup the Reds used in the game? Two kids making their first appearance. Alberto Moreno, who should only be an injury fill-in at this point. Simon Mingolet in goal, who was as rusty as an old car. No Virgil or Mane at all. No Mo or Firmino until the 70th minute. Should they still have beaten Wolves? Probably, but I'm not concerned with the ouster.

On to bigger and better things....

YNWA
    I could not see the game and did not know what the line-up was.....I see you points regarding benching the better players for the FA and resting them for Premiere.
    G.A.S -aholic

Quote Originally Posted by Supersonic Scientist View Post
    I could not see the game and did not know what the line-up was.....I see you points regarding benching the better players for the FA and resting them for Premiere.
    I couldn't see it either, and that turned out to be a good thing!

I am concerned however about Liverpool's back 4. Gomez out. Clyne out on loan. Lovren hurt against Wolves (wouldn't be such a big deal if not for the depleted unit). And apparently VVD isn't 100%.
    "It's such a fine line between stupid and... clever" -- David St. Hubbins & Derek Smalls, Spinal Tap

OK, is it time to say that MU have "returned"?....I know that a 0-1 defeat of TOT (with De Gea having 11 saves) is not going to set the world on fire but I really enjoyed the game, the outcome and seeing Pogba coming back to life.
    G.A.S -aholic

They've got a great squad and they are letting them play, Maureen strangled their creativity.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

They've got a great squad and they are letting them play, Maureen strangled their creativity.
    Quoted as fact !!
    G.A.S -aholic

Yep. He's done I think. Everton caught a win against Bournemouth.

Another disappointing weekend for Leicester; beaten at home by Southampton in a game in which the away team was down to 10 men for the entire second half. I think it really is time to make the change now, as it's clear that the only consistent thing about Puel's team is its maddening inconsistency. No I don't think we're entitled to win every game, but our performances over the last few weeks simply defy all logic.

I really thought the magic that Leicester had in 2016 would last a while longer, I still secretly root for them in some sense unless they're playing Everton of course! They created magic, it was such an incredible thing. I hope they do it again sometime, or are we at 10,000:1 now?

Everton vs City today....should be a blow out. 6-1 Everton

At last - Puel has gone!! And after a 1-4 drubbing at home by Palace so he bloody well should have done, too. Apparently, the Powers That Be at Leicester are now targeting Brendan Rodgers. Not sure how I feel about that, my own preference would be wait until the end of the season and see if we can get Rafa Benitez if/when he leaves Newcastle. We have a really talented squad that Puel has simply failed to get the best out of, an owning family who have a proven record of being willing to put money into the side, together with a strong commitment to developing young players and bringing them through the ranks (which is now beginning to pay dividends). Despite some of our questionable transfer decisions in recent years, it's a very promising set-up for any new manager to come into. Here's hoping that they make a better appointment this time round!

You leave Rafa alone!

We had a good result at the weekend and hopefully we can get out of trouble in the next few weeks.

I'm hoping a change of ownership happens at Newcastle and we keep Rafa. I don't see him staying without that. Leicester would be a good landing spot for him.
    Ian

MU over PSG 3-1 yesterday !!!!

Great game. As soon as Lukaku scored at the 2 minute-mark, I KNEW we were in for a nail-biter.
    G.A.S -aholic

Great game, dodgy penalty, always enjoy seeing Buffon making calamitous errors. With Real getting hammered by Ajax at home the day before it's been quite a week for the Champions League.
    Ian

Great game, dodgy penalty, always enjoy seeing Buffon making calamitous errors. With Real getting hammered by Ajax at home the day before it's been quite a week for the Champions League.
    Ajax win was well deserved over 2 matches. MU was just plain lucky with a ridiculous penalty at the end.

Still happy that PSG went out. You still cant simply buy succes with some dirty oil money.

Quote Originally Posted by thedunno View Post
    Ajax win was well deserved over 2 matches. MU was just plain lucky with a ridiculous penalty at the end.

Still happy that PSG went out. You still cant simply buy succes with some dirty oil money.
    You're not a Man City fan are you?
    Ian