Thread: Have you ever hear of cochlearamplification?

Have you ever hear of cochlearamplification?

Well, as a big fan of Yes, Mike Oldfield and some of Jethro Tull (Plink Floyd is already included by default) I've been interested in seeing new alternatives to connect with your audience through the manipulation of visuals and of course music such Progressive Rock, Krautrock, Post-punk, etc.

Searching on the Internet I found this term -cochlearamplification- and I'm pretty amazed at what I found. Before I give my opinion I would like to know if there is some interested on debating this thread regardless of whether it makes sense or not.

This is a fragment of an article by Ted Uzzle "For example, it was recently demonstrated (after being disputed for some years) that the ear emits sounds. When someone hears a ringing in the ears (after taking aspirin,for example) that same ringing can be measured and recorded in the ear canal. It is even audible to others. If you hold your ear to someone else's, and if the room is very quiet, you can hear the reported ringing from the other person's ear. This mystery is called cochlearamplification, and no one knows what causes it or how it works."

Huh. I thought maybe you were going to tell us there's a new kind of headphone that works by bone conduction.

Are these voices in my head bothering you?
    In all seriousness, I have heard of tinnitus being audible to other people, although if "no one knows what causes it or how it works" we should be cautious of apocryphal evidence.
    Most tinnitus is audible only to the patient; this is called subjective tinnitus. Tinnitus audible to both the patient and others is called objective tinnitus.

Objective Tinnitus may be due to muscle spasms in the middle ear or eustachian tube, or to abnormalities in the blood vessels surrounding the ear.