Thread: Tedeshi Trucks at Lockn' 2016

Tedeshi Trucks at Lockn' 2016

I'll preface this with I'm a HUGE Derek and Susan fan.. with that said.. I don't know if there's anybody in Dereks league when it comes to slide guitar these days.. He was smokin' last night.. and his wife Susan is no slouch herself.. Both of them laid down some very tasty licks during there set..

Would LOVE to see them. Susan is the best Bonnie Raitt outside of Bonnie herself.

Nothing against Bonnie Raitt, but Susan Tedeschi is her own artist. She's got a tremendous voice and can play very well.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Nothing against Bonnie Raitt, but Susan Tedeschi is her own artist. She's got a tremendous voice and can play very well.
    Amen! By coincidence I stumbled onto this video last night. The tune is from their latest album.

I prefer the TT band live to their studio work. The studio stuff is just not as adventurous as what Derek was doing in his solo albums. But when they're live it all catches fire.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    The studio stuff is just not as adventurous as what Derek was doing in his solo albums.
    I enjoy Derek's early albums the most. I was listening to Joyful Noise last night, and that's got a bit of everything on it, and it's all good. And that slow number with Solomon Burke on vocals just kills me!

Quote Originally Posted by happytheman View Post
    I'll preface this with I'm a HUGE Derek and Susan fan.. with that said.. I don't know if there's anybody in Dereks league when it comes to slide guitar these days.. He was smokin' last night.. and his wife Susan is no slouch herself.. Both of them laid down some very tasty licks during there set..
    Agree with you!

I'd put Sonny Landreth in the same league as Derek but that's about it.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart