Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Bands with three lead singers

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dpt3 View Post
    10cc?
    10cc fits perfectly to the OP demand.

edit: Almost, lol. Because all four are singing lead. The OP asked for "three lead singers" not "three or more lead singers".
    Last edited by Svetonio; 09-27-2016 at 08:25 AM.

Banned
    Laboratorija zvuka ("Laboratory of the Sound", eight-piece Yugo-rock band; this is a video from 1978 which features full original line-up)

S Vremena na vreme ("From Time to Time", Yugo-progfolk band; first video is one of the songs from their debut album from 1975; second video is a nice live perfomance from 1996; they had three lead singers)

Last edited by Svetonio; 09-27-2016 at 04:39 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ88 View Post
    (...)

Then there's The Who...most of their albums featured leads from Daltrey, Townshend and Entwistle.

Don't forget Keith Moon, as they let him singing lead on some tracks on Ready Steady Who EP, Tommy Soundtrack and Quadrophenia

His "drunk" vocals in Fiddle About from the soundtrack (far better Tommy version than original 1969 album imo) and Bell Boy are something iconic in the 70s Rock.
    Last edited by Svetonio; 09-27-2016 at 08:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taped Rugs View Post
    Minor point, but Wilcox sings lead on "Junk Rock" from Swing To The Right
    on "Winston Smith" from Oblivion
    on "Wildlife" from POV

"Luckie" is a WONDERFUL piece of music by the way, art in the truest sense.
    I still think Junk Rock and Winston Smith are sung by Kasim, and Wildlife is Todd. I don't think I've ever seen specific credits though and I may well be wrong (I used to think Wildlife was Wilcox when I first bought POV but changed my mind!).

Agree 100% on Luckie though! Intentional LN refererence, yes.

I have seen no mention of Umphrey's McGee on this thread. Although Brendan Bayliss is probably considered their lead singer, with the exception of bassist Ryan Stasik, I have seen every other member of the band sing lead at one time or another with Jake Cinningar and Joel Cummins singing lead on quite a few album and live tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by Svetonio View Post
    Horslips

Ye gods, me being one of the biggest Horslips fans on the planet, how did I overlook them in my original post?! Barry Devlin, Johnny Fean and Charles O'Connor all sang lead.
    You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Svetonio View Post
    Don't forget Keith Moon, as they let him singing lead on some tracks on Ready Steady Who EP, Tommy Soundtrack and Quadrophenia
    Doesn't fit the criteria of my original post - looking for bands with 3 or more steady lead singers. I have a separate thread on "rare lead vocals" and Keith Moon would fit that criteria.
    You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Taped Rugs View Post
    "Luckie" is a WONDERFUL piece of music by the way, art in the truest sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Progbear View Post
    “It’s a great day to go get Luckie!”

To clarify, we are talking Laura Nyro here, right?
    Nice coincidence - just saw the new issue of Mojo magazine (Lou Reed on the cover), and the record that changed my life section is Todd Rundgren talking about Laura Nyro's 'Eli and the Thirteenth Confession'!

Quote Originally Posted by Luckie View Post
    Nice coincidence - just saw the new issue of Mojo magazine (Lou Reed on the cover), and the record that changed my life section is Todd Rundgren talking about Laura Nyro's 'Eli and the Thirteenth Confession'!
    You can certainly hear it in a lot of the NAZZ stuff, and of course in many later solo and Utopia pieces. Both of them have influenced my own songwriting and singing styles too in many ways (as has Lou Reed, ha!). Baby Let's Swing!

Anyone who emulates Laura and Todd is okay in my book!

Incidentally, in that article Todd says Poverty Train was the track on the album that particularly impressed him. Made me go right back to it - astonishing... Now the tears in the gutter are floodin' the sea, why was I born?

The Move - Carl Wayne, Trevor Burton, Ace Kefford, Roy Wood, Bev Bevan and Jeff Lynne.

Banned
    The B-52's

Laibach

Last edited by Svetonio; 09-29-2016 at 06:20 AM.

ABBA (Agnetha, Frida, Bjorn; sometimes Benny)
    Bee Gees (Barry, Maurice, Robin)
    Botellita de Jerez (El Mastuerzo, El Uyuyuy, El Cucurrucucú)
    Café Tacuba (Rubén, Emmanuel, Joselo)
    Traveling Wilburys (everyone)
    Los Jaivas
    Sun City Girls (Alan, Richard, Charles)

^^^
    Yes! Someone said "Sun City Girls."
    The Prog Corner

Quote Originally Posted by juanderer View Post
    ABBA (Agnetha, Frida, Bjorn; sometimes Benny)
    As far as I know, Benny only sang lead once:

He might have had a little solo spot on “People Need Love,” but it was pretty buried if so.
    Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...

Moby Grape
    Hell, they ain't even old-timey ! - Homer Stokes