Thread: Dee Snider, Criss Angel team up for amazing performance

Dee Snider, Criss Angel team up for amazing performance

From Newsday.com:
    Twisted Sister frontman Dee Snider and magician Criss Angel, both Long Island natives, have teamed up for a piano-ballad rendition of the band's Eighties anthem "We're Not Gonna Take It" to help raise awareness for Angel's charity, HELP, which stands for Heal Every Life Possible, and raises money to fight childhood cancer. In October 2015, it was announced Angel's then 20-month-old son, Johnny Crisstopher Sarantakos, had been diagnosed with acute lymphoblastic leukemia.

The Angel-directed video was filmed "in the deserts outside of Las Vegas," according to RollingStone.com. In the first few seconds of the video, viewers can read powerful facts about cancer while seeing images of cancer-stricken children.

I know I could live the rest of my life without ever hearing the original "We're Not Gonna Take It" again, but this rendition is pretty stunning - Dee certainly turned in a heck of a performance and I love this arrangement. On piano in this video is Eliot Douglass of Cirque du Soleil's "Zumanity".

Props for Dee Snider. Considering he spent the past 40 years screaming, his voice holds up remarkably well. I guess laying off the drugs and liquor is the secret! Nice version, thanks for sharing

sd
    "So it goes."
    -Kurt Vonnegut

From what I have heard and read he never did any drugs..

I've had respect for Dee Snider since I was a kid. He was one of the strongest voices in the fight again the PMRC and censorship.

I was impressed with this version, for what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by beano View Post
    From what I have heard and read he never did any drugs..
    There is a very cool documentary on Twisted Sister that I found a while back on Netflix. It basically follows the band up to the point where they made it big. Yes, Snider was not into drugs or alcohol and he has always been into working out as well.