Thread: Microsoft Office question

Microsoft Office question

I hope someone here can help me out.
    Yesterday I installed Adobe Creative Suite 4 Web Standard on my computer and currently Office 2007 has problems. Word files can't be opened if I click on the file, only if I first start the program, I can open them. If I start the program I get the following message: "Unable to load OfficePluginRes.dll Contribute may not be installed properly". The same message I get if I open an Excell file. Several times I tried to repair it, but it didn't help. Finally I removed the program and re-installed it, but the same problem is turning up.

Mac or Windows?

If Mac, I can't imagine why CS4 would have anything to do with it. But, that's a pretty old version of Creative Suite. I had been running Office 2007 for years and running CS6 at the same time. But, once again, I'm not sure why the Adobe products would have anything to do with it?

I was just forced to upgrade to Creative Cloud after holding out as long as possible. Had to buy two new MacBook Pros. It's a necessary evil of doing business.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

I have Windows. And CS4 is pretty old. Bought it for my study webdesign and decided to install it again, because I wanted to do some work on my homepage. Installation gave some problems, but in the end it was installed, though the JaveScript program was supposed to have some issues. Alas the whole program appeared to be non funcioning. Couldn't start Dreamweaver, so I decided to remove the program, which seemed to end with some problems as well, but after restarting my computer, the problems with Office have disappeared. So I suppose I have to go back to doing webdesign the old fashioned way, with handcoding everything in notepad. I'm not going to spend a large amount of money to buy a new version of Adobe Creative Suite. Buying a new version of Cubase now and again is alright with me, but Creative Suite not so much, unless I needed it to earn money.

What version of Windows are/were you trying to run CS4 on?

Like I noted, I had no choice but to finally upgrade from my 2009 MacPro tower. It served me well and I made a lot of money off of it. I have a new client who is handing me CC files and it's too embarrassing to ask them to resave everything as backwards-compatible with CS6. Yes, it's a necessary evil. $5800.00 on two new MacBook Pros, and another $140.00/month for two CC licenses. But, I got the Macs financed for 18 months at 0%, so it's not a major expense outright. Either way, a tough pill to swallow. And, no, Windows is not, never was, and never will be an option.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    I hope someone here can help me out.
    Yesterday I installed Adobe Creative Suite 4 Web Standard on my computer and currently Office 2007 has problems. Word files can't be opened if I click on the file, only if I first start the program, I can open them. If I start the program I get the following message: "Unable to load OfficePluginRes.dll Contribute may not be installed properly". The same message I get if I open an Excell file. Several times I tried to repair it, but it didn't help. Finally I removed the program and re-installed it, but the same problem is turning up.
    My suggestion is to check out Bill's link and see if that helps. If it doesn't, your best bet is to spend some time on Google researching the problem (start by researching the error message).
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    What version of Windows are/were you trying to run CS4 on?

Like I noted, I had no choice but to finally upgrade from my 2009 MacPro tower. It served me well and I made a lot of money off of it. I have a new client who is handing me CC files and it's too embarrassing to ask them to resave everything as backwards-compatible with CS6. Yes, it's a necessary evil. $5800.00 on two new MacBook Pros, and another $140.00/month for two CC licenses. But, I got the Macs financed for 18 months at 0%, so it's not a major expense outright. Either way, a tough pill to swallow. And, no, Windows is not, never was, and never will be an option.
    I tried to run CS4 on Windows 8.1. With removing this program, which doesn't function in Windows 8.1, my problems are over.

I'm not going to switch to Macs, because it is to expensive to buy them and new software. I don't earn money with my computer, so I don't want to spend more than I can afford.

I'm not going to switch to Macs, because it is to expensive to buy them and new software. I don't earn money with my computer, so I don't want to spend more than I can afford.
    Sure. I wasn't suggesting that you should switch.

Sure. I wasn't suggesting that you should switch.
    No, but I sometimes get a bit fed up with people promoting Macs. Loving Macs sometimes seems like some kind of religion.

How about re-installing Office? Or running a repair of Office?

I run a 32 bit CS3 on Windows 10 (64 bit), and it works fine. I use Office 2010 too with no problems (both ASUS stationary and laptop).
    Your problem could be something else.

Windows 10 can cause lots of problems. The latest Anniversary update sucks big time on a lot of machines.
    At my job I have 3 HP-pavillion stationary that crashed. We had to roll them back to Windows 8.1 !
    Last edited by Zeuhlmate; 08-22-2016 at 06:12 AM.

No, but I sometimes get a bit fed up with people promoting Macs. Loving Macs sometimes seems like some kind of religion.
    Well, I do love Macs.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    How about re-installing Office? Or running a repair of Office?
    Did both allready. In the end removing CS4 solved all problems. CS4 didn't run at all, so it's useless.

Seems like you need to upgrade or stick with CS3. CS4 is pretty old. No, make that very old.

Seems like you need to upgrade. CS4 is pretty old. No, make that very old.
    A bit to expensive.

Have you tried messing around with Compatibility Mode? Or perhaps it's a file association problem?
    <sig out of order>

I tried everything, but I've decided to stop trying.