Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RIO De Carmo (Carmaux) 2016 games

Quote Originally Posted by Udi Koomran View Post
    Plus Dagmar Krause ....This will be one of this years highlights!

Quote Originally Posted by alucard View Post
    For me, most definately
    I flew in a 2 weeks notice to see Art Bears songbook and I still cherish that specific festival as one of the best musical experiences of my life (Gong, Sleepytime, Peter Brotzmann, Caspar Brotzmann, Thierry Zaboitzeff, Miriodor, Aquaserge, and of course aforementioned Art Bears- the festival lineup of my dreams )

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    I always regret missing that festival but I just couldn't make it work.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by flytomars View Post
    For me, most definately
    I flew in a 2 weeks notice to see Art Bears songbook and I still cherish that specific festival as one of the best musical experiences of my life (Gong, Sleepytime, Peter Brotzmann, Caspar Brotzmann, Thierry Zaboitzeff, Miriodor, Aquaserge, and of course aforementioned Art Bears- the festival lineup of my dreams )
    I think Martin/Alucard alluded to the the Lindsey Cooper tribute in November 2014, unless I'm mistaken.

But yes, that was a pretty good RIO Fest.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    I think Martin/Alucard alluded to the the Lindsey Cooper tribute in November 2014, unless I'm mistaken.

But yes, that was a pretty good RIO Fest.
    Nope, Hugues Half The Sky is another ( mainly Japanese) Lindsay Cooper tribute band and Dagmar Krause joins them for this year's RIO.

Nope, Hugues Half The Sky is another ( mainly Japanese) Lindsay Cooper tribute band and Dagmar Krause joins them for this year's RIO.
    ooopsssie, my bad.

I hadn't made the obvious link (this thread)
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

The 2010 edition was incredible
    I didn't think such a line up could be topped but I enjoyed last year's edition even more

https://www.facebook.com/events/1252515704780852/

For those of you who happen to be in Paris next week :

Sunday 11th of September , at L'espace en cours , 56 rue de la Reunion 75020 Paris

Solos, Duos, Trios and more :
    With

Haco / Catherine Jauniaux / Yaping Wang / Bertrand Gauguet / Cathy Heyden / Centre aéré (Mutantine Records)

Participation 12/15€
    Dieter Moebius : "Art people like things they don’t understand!"

Well, what I expected just happened yesterday: professionally, I won't be able to take any days off in September, because of a few all-too important events capital our our research centre's future

So it looks like i'll be unable to do better than once every second year in Carmaux. wall.gif

^ ha, professionally I cant either, but I bought tickets + flying tickets half a year ago to ensure such a thing could not stop me
    I am leaving in the peak of the project, in the money time, but some things still have priority over others

^ ha, professionally I cant either, but I bought tickets + flying tickets half a year ago to ensure such a thing could not stop me
    I am leaving in the peak of the project, in the money time, but some things still have priority over others

Actually, I've never bought the tickets ahead of time and I organize the whole thing at the start of september (except maybe for the Gite de France, which I take an option for around the start of the summer) when I start looking for a good car rental (no way I'm putting 3000 km on my car in over a week)... But the problem is the same every year... September is never an easy/relax time for us.

See. that's one of the advantage of needing to fly in order to see a show, any show for that matter

I'm the same, book the flights, get committed
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    That sounds like your wife's plan for you.

Its a dream of mine to make it one of these years and hang with you lads - unfortunately being a teacher and having this thing at the very beginning of the school year is just the worst time for me imaginable. August would be a dream.

See. that's one of the advantage of needing to fly in order to see a show, any show for that matter
    Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    I'll be a bit honest... the line-up is less of a draw this year compared to last year's...

I had made sure I could get away already in June to see AZ

It's tough to match last year's line up but I'm looking forward to UZ Jsme Doma, Half The Sky, Jump For Joy and Upsilon Acrux
    Ian

I dont have high expectations from Jump for joy, sure it will be fun seeing the guys from Faust having fun on stage but I am not holding my breath.
    Half the sky with Daggy- now youre talking, right now I would fly to see Dagmar perform just about anything anywhere (wish I knew about the Angelica show in advance...)
    Huge fan of Uz jsme doma, seen them a few times and they are always a blast live.
    I like Haco and After dinner and also the all stars etc, and even bigger fan of Giovanni Venosta so I am sure this show will be good too.
    And Magma- thats an itch that needs to be scratched at least once a year, Ive seen them 7 or 8 times (lost count) but never seem to tire from them.
    Richard Pinhas is a nice last minute bonus, I know mostly Heldon and just a little solo stuff but the little I did hear tells me there is a great potential to enjoy this live.
    Dont know any of the others (any recommendations for Epsilon Acrux?) But I am pretty sure at least 50% of it will be excellent.
    Did I say already how much I love this festival?
    And of course meeting all the regulars... thats also a huge bonus.

Finding a flight proves to be very challenging ... either too short connection times or arrival time in the middle of the night
    Then will need a ride from the airport
    then a room
    I hope this all falls into place

Quote Originally Posted by Udi Koomran View Post
    OK my friends
    Who is coming ?
    Anyone planing to stay longer ?
    I still haven't booked my flight yet.. ( not to mention a room...)
    Helaine Burch and I will both arrive in France on Wednesday morning and spend 2 days in Albi before we move to the festival site. We'll be spending a day in Toulouse, afterward, and then over to Wurzburg for the FreakShow Festival. Will probably consider a couple of day-trips around the area during that week. Back to the U.S. on Monday, 26 September. Looking forward to seeing our community friends again!

Half the sky with Daggy- now youre talking, right now I would fly to see Dagmar perform just about anything anywhere
    Huge fan of Uz jsme doma, seen them a few times and they are always a blast live.

I agree!

(any recommendations for Epsilon Acrux?)

Try their latest, "Sun Square Dialect" - highly recommended.

Did I say already how much I love this festival?
    And of course meeting all the regulars... thats also a huge bonus.
    Me, too! These festivals are special and precious.

No RIO for me this year, sadly, because of excess work at my job. All days off cancelled.
    And no SZ table in the hall, for the 1st time since 2007...

Hope to see all of you there again, in 2017!

A.

Sadly It can't happen for me either - renovation of my workroom doubled both timetable and budget ...

No Eddie this year either.
    Ian

Is there a specific point about the system of granting 'stars' to threads without anyone who's actively participating in the threads being supposed to find out from whom the 'star' originates?
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM