Thread: Christiaan Bruin's Inventions (The Black Codex / Sky Architect / Mayra Orchestra)

Christiaan Bruin's Inventions (The Black Codex / Sky Architect / Mayra Orchestra)

For those who have followed my fellow Dutchman's career (and no, I am not him nor have any connection except an admirer of his talent) spearheading his solo albums as Chris, his work with the band Sky Architect, playing keyboards with Nine Stones Close, releasing the mammoth The Black Codex or guiding the Mayra Orchestra project, here is a new project called Inventions:

https://www.patreon.com/inventions

About me
    I'm a composer and multi-instrumentalist who also makes video's. I've been releasing music under the name Chris, The Black Codex and with my bands Sky Architect, Nine Stones Close, Mayra Orchestra and Adeia.

About 'INVENTIONS'
    'INVENTIONS’ is a series of video's + songs in which I explore the creative
    process of composing music and writing lyrics.

INVENTIONS will begin September 3, 2016.

Every two weeks I will release a new song, plus a YouTube video in which I
    I share the ideas and inspiration which led to the creation of the song.
    Along the way, I explore interesting ideas in art, mathematics, philosophy, music history and so on, to see how they can be applied in making music.

You receive a download of every new song, if you decide to become a patron. Also, you receive a free song, immediately.

About Patreon
    Patreon is the best way for me to share my work directly, and the best way for you to support me if you enjoy what I do. The idea is that I promise to make a new piece of music every couple of weeks, and you promise to make a small donation every time I do. In return for that you will receive the music I make, as well as cool extra things. Check out the list of rewards to see what they are.

FAQ
    For how long do I subscribe?
    - You can cancel your subscription any time you wish to do so.

Will there be a physical release of the series?
    Yes, FREIA MUSIC will release a CD every 10 episodes. To get a signed copy, or to have your name in the CD booklet, check out the rewards on the right.

Do I have to subscribe to view the video episodes?
    No, the video's are just on YouTube, for everyone to see.

How long will the series be?
    No idea, yet. It kinda depends on how long it's fun and sustainable. Most likely a year or more.

Is there a way to receive earlier songs, that have been released before I became a patron?
    Of course. For now, the easiest way is just to send a message to inventions@christiaanbruin.com

Here is the trailer:

And here is the pilot episode:

Giving this a bump hopng for some discussion.

Official first episode is now online and the track Meta is available for Patreon subscribers:

The new track has a definite post-rock feel to it.

Inventions have published a lyric video for the first full song that was featured in the pilot episode. So far musically Inventions is mining quite an accessible vein, I hear Coldplay overtones (shock, horror) in this song: