Thread: LOVE RECORDS - the film - who would have thought to see a film about this label?

LOVE RECORDS - the film - who would have thought to see a film about this label?

Found out by chance, looks interesting

The greatest record company in Finland, Love Records finally get their story told by moving pictures. The sounds we already knew.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4431326/

Always the logo absolutely but funnily ugly
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

What's crazy is that it's a film, not a documentary!
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"

With the Liisa sessions, and this film*, there seems to be quite a renaissance for early 70s Finnish progressive rock! And newer groups like Sammal and Malady successfully recreating the style.

* - of course Love Records goes beyond early 70s progressive rock... but still.

I'll have to watch this. It'd be interesting to know what the rise of a phenomenon like the Svart label has played in generating a sort of resurgence for the early 70s (although it's certainly true, like Tom stated^, that Love Rec encompassed much more). Of course, bands like Uza and Viima were already hailing those old days and artists 10-15 years ago.

That Malady debut album nails the "early 70s Finnish sound" down to tiniest fibre and timbre. The stereotype gets mentioned a bit too often, but Malady could easily have been a lost 70s arrtifact.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    I'll have to watch this. It'd be interesting to know what the rise of a phenomenon like the Svart label has played in generating a sort of resurgence for the early 70s (although it's certainly true, like Tom stated^, that Love Rec encompassed much more). Of course, bands like Uza and Viima were already hailing those old days and artists 10-15 years ago.

That Malady debut album nails the "early 70s Finnish sound" down to tiniest fibre and timbre. The stereotype gets mentioned a bit too often, but Malady could easily have been a lost 70s arrtifact.
    And Viima were on the brink of releasing their 3rd album a couple of years ago, when something happened (I forget the details now). I do hope it gets back on track. They are fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by ashratom
    And Viima were on the brink of releasing their 3rd album a couple of years ago, when something happened (I forget the details now). I do hope it gets back on track. They are fantastic!
    Mikko, the leader of Viima, is an old friend of mine and in fact I've just been hanging out with him here in Moscow a couple of weeks ago. Their third album was postponed for a few years because one of the important members moved to another city, but he is apparently back now (or will be back in a short while), and the band is going to resume working on the new LP. So we can expect hearing back from them pretty soon!
    Last edited by Levgan; 08-16-2016 at 06:55 AM.

Nice input Lev!
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Quote Originally Posted by Levgan View Post
    Mikko, the leader of Viima, is an old friend of mine and in fact I've just been hanging out with him here in Moscow a couple of weeks ago. Their third album was postponed for a few years because one of the important members moved to another city, but he is apparently back now (or will be back in a short while), and the band is going to resume working on the new LP. So we can expect hearing back from them pretty soon!
    Great news - thanks Lev!

Now I just have to figure how the heck I can see this movie in USA!