Thread: Damon Shulman -- The Transition Process- Out August 1, 2016

Damon Shulman -- The Transition Process- Out August 1, 2016

He's been at this for a while, going back to the Different Trains album from the 90s (released on IQ's GEP label). This stuff fits in with that.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

"Rejuvenate Regenerate" is reminiscent of something off of Interview
    Hell, they ain't even old-timey ! - Homer Stokes

Quote Originally Posted by dpt3 View Post
    You know I've always been a huge GG fanboy, and never gave Damon much attention. That sample on bandcamp peeked my interest. Thanks for posting!

Just listened to "Rejuvenate Regnerate", and thought it was really cool! Definite GG vibe, but with a modern edge. Must investigate further...

Slightly off topic but another GG sibbling. Sally Minnear (with Dave Bainbridge from Iona)

Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    Slightly off topic but another GG sibbling. Sally Minnear (with Dave Bainbridge from Iona)
    Very interesting. As far as I know Joanne Hogg is still in Iona though there hasn't been any activity in a while (and she hasn't been 100% devoted to Iona for some time). One has to wonder if Bainbridge is making plans. Based on the videos Sally Minnear isn't Joanne Hogg's equal as a singer, but still...
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

"Rejuvenate Regenerate" has a riff (in the key of E if my hearing serves me well) which is almost fully taken from GG's "Boys in the Band". Is it intentional or not? The song title suggests that it is.