Page 19 of 80 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 NCAA College Football

Very cool uniforms the Irish will be wearing today.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...ocknes-legacy/
    Last edited by moecurlythanu; 11-18-2017 at 09:40 AM. Reason: better link

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    Eeesh. Noon kickoff today. A tad early for beer and revelry. I'll somehow survive. Go Hurricanes......
    Because of time zones, the Wisconsin game starts at 11:00am, so screw you!
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

So, if Bucky beats Meatchicken today, does the seat under Harbaugh start warming up? They didn't bring him there to be a stepping stone for Wisconsin...Do the natives start getting restless?

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    So, if Bucky beats Meatchicken today, does the seat under Harbaugh start warming up? They didn't bring him there to be a stepping stone for Wisconsin...Do the natives start getting restless?
    "Paging Mr. Sly!"
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    "Paging Mr. Sly!"
    For some reason, I thought Steve is a Sparty fan. (Apart from WMU.)

He is, I believe, but he lives there & reads local rags & sees local news.

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    Because of time zones, the Wisconsin game starts at 11:00am, so screw you!

Horrible start for Miami. Trap game.

True, my first loyalty is to WMU since it is in my hometown and I went to school there. My 2nd loyalty is to MSU as my father is a graduate and growing up in our house you had no choice but to be green and white. After that…….I am married to a Badger whose family mostly all still resides in Madison so I will root for Bucky at times. Michigan is the least of the 4, although they have by far the biggest fan base in the state.

Anyway…..regarding Harbaugh. I don’t think he is going anywhere soon. True, the team has not been as successful as I think a lot of Michigan fans thought they would be by this time, but there still seems to be pretty much a love fest for him around here for the most part. There are constant rumors of him returning to the NFL at some point, but I have no clue if there is any real meat behind that or not.

Useless trivia here……..Jim Harbaugh’s father Jack was head coach at WMU for 4 years in the early 80’s when Jim was at U of M.

This one has trap game written all over it. But, excuses are excuses. We've been playing uphill all day. Virginia's QB is having the day of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    This one has trap game written all over it. But, excuses are excuses. We've been playing uphill all day. Virginia's QB is having the day of his life.
    I'm sorry Vic, but since the Badgers are #5 & the Canes are #3, I need to be cavalier about this game.

And somehow we've come roaring back. I mean, their QB has been carving up our secondary like a roast all game but we're up by 10 points.

Geez, for you I'm hoping your Badgers keep winning.

It's over. The rout is on.

Oh well. We're winning 21-10 w/12:00 to go.

Bucky, Miami, Bama, and UCF all remain undefeated today. UCF is basically in the same position WMU was in last year. Winning all of their games, but getting no love.

Illinois is a big state, and has the nation's second largest city. It is absolutely baffling that they can't field a better team than the one that showed up in C-bus. They are horrible.

I saw Wisconsin won.

Michigan's offense is anemic. They should have a long day against the Buckeyes' defense next week.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Bucky, Miami, Bama, and UCF all remain undefeated today. UCF is basically in the same position WMU was in last year. Winning all of their games, but getting no love.
    That is because they (UCF) have (prior to today's games) the 99th toughest schedule in the country according to Sagarin. And not only have they not beaten any teams in the top 30, they have not even played any teams from the top 30. They are in a mid major type of conference. Meanwhile schools like Clemson have the 5th toughest schedule in the country and they are 5-0 vs top 30, and Notre Dame has the 6th toughest schedule in country and are 4-2 vs top 30, both losses against top 7 teams. Very hard to go undefeated against a tough schedule. Much easier to play no one and go undefeated. So the lesson is--play somebody. The committee at least appears to be giving prime importance to SOS and who you play over simply going undefeated against a weak schedule.
    Last edited by DocProgger; 11-18-2017 at 11:22 PM.

My 2nd loyalty is to MSU...
    A couple days ago, a coworker was saying that the MSU/UM rivalry is now considered a bigger rivalry than OSU/UM. I find that very hard to believe but then I don't live up there in the Mitten State.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    A couple days ago, a coworker was saying that the MSU/UM rivalry is now considered a bigger rivalry than OSU/UM. I find that very hard to believe but then I don't live up there in the Mitten State.
    From my perspective OSU / UM is still a much bigger rivalry. UM / MSU is big, but not the same level.

From my perspective OSU / UM is still a much bigger rivalry. UM / MSU is big, but not the same level.
    Yeah, that's kinda what I figured. Hell, ESPN ranked it the greatest rivalry in all of sports!
    BTW, that coworker got into an argument about it with another coworker who's a big UM fan.

Did you ever happen to see the HBO special about the OSU/UM rivalry? It was really good. One segment had a fan of each school telling jokes. And even tho I'm a Buckeye, I thought the funniest joke was told by the UM fan:

Did you hear about the Michigan student who transferred to Ohio State? He raised the GPAs of both schools.

Now that's a clever, funny joke.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

My favorite football joke is: "Why is it so windy in Cleveland?"..."Because Pittsburgh sucks and Michigan blows."

Apologies if I've told that one before.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal... View Post
    Yeah, that's kinda what I figured. Hell, ESPN ranked it the greatest rivalry in all of sports!
    BTW, that coworker got into an argument about it with another coworker who's a big UM fan.

Did you ever happen to see the HBO special about the OSU/UM rivalry? It was really good. One segment had a fan of each school telling jokes. And even tho I'm a Buckeye, I thought the funniest joke was told by the UM fan:

Did you hear about the Michigan student who transferred to Ohio State? He raised the GPAs of both schools.

Now that's a clever, funny joke.
    I think I do remember seeing that documentary. It has been a while, but I remember it being good.

Kind of a funny story here……..many years ago my wife and some friends went to the Wisconsin / Ohio State game in Columbus. We were tailgating before the game with a bunch of Ohio State fans. I got to talking to this OSU guy who had kind of a beret style hat on. We were just shooting the shit and it came up that I was from Michigan. The guy looks at me and with a big smile on his face says, “well then, let me take my hat off to you”. He then pops off his beret, and the whole inside of the hat was covered by a big yellow button that said “Fuck Michigan” on it. I thought it was pretty funny especially considering Michigan was not even playing in the game.

Michigan's offense is anemic. They should have a long day against the Buckeyes' defense next week.
    Michigan will probably get killed. They are not a very good team.