Thread: ELP Karn Evil 9, 1st Impression, Part 1 with Rachel, Mihály, Len, Alex, and Dave

ELP Karn Evil 9, 1st Impression, Part 1 with Rachel, Mihály, Len, Alex, and Dave

Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Karn Evil 9, 1st Impression, Part 1 - An International Collaboration with Rachel Flowers, Mihály Tunkli, Len Audsley, Alex Faggian, and Dave Becher.

Last edited by rminsk; 07-24-2016 at 04:35 PM.

That's very nice. Thanks for sharing this video.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Laura

Wow, just wow. Rachel continues to amaze and everyone else did a wonderous job. I particularly liked Mihaly's moog playing and Rachel's note-for-note Greg Lake guitar solo (one of all-time favorite guitar solos). While I always find it incredible for anyone to figure out how to play these songs, I find it truly amazing for anyone to write it. Keith was beyond words (or notes).
    Last edited by Adinfinitum; 07-25-2016 at 07:52 AM. Reason: Sorry for the misnamed Rachel - it was late in the day!

Quote Originally Posted by Adinfinitum View Post
    Wow, just wow. Jennifer continues to amaze and everyone else did a wonderous job. I particularly liked Mihaly's moog playing and Jennifer's note-for-note Greg Lake guitar solo (one of all-time favorite guitar solos). While I always find it incredible for anyone to figure out how to play these songs, I find it truly amazing for anyone to write it. Keith was beyond words (or notes).
    I think you mean Rachel.

Brilliant!

And huge apologies to Rachel Flowers. I was reading about Hilary Clinton last night and must have been thinking about "Jennifer Flowers" one of Bill's conquest back in the early 1990's. Big difference.

I wonder if Greg has seen this yet? I'd love to see his face watching her play that lead with her fingers instead of a pick.

"Jennifer Flowers"

Gennifer

Rachel never ceases to amaze, Greg should be beaming like a proud Papa Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by A. Scherze View Post
    Gennifer
    Are you anal retentive or just have regular run of the mill OCD?

Are you anal retentive or just have regular run of the mill OCD?
    He's just a busy spelling bee.

Very nice, thanks.

Raquel?
    Oops. I meant Rochelle.

Just kidding. Of course, I was referencing Raquel Welch.

Quote Originally Posted by Jubal View Post
    He's just a busy spelling bee.

Well, bees and flowers go together.

Quote Originally Posted by A. Scherze View Post
    Oops. I meant Rochelle.

Just kidding. Of course, I was referencing Raquel Welch.
    Dude, give it a rest. It wasn't funny the first time or ever.

I would like to know the settings on the Nord Electro.

Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    I would like to know the settings on the Nord Electro.
    You should ask on YouTube. I would suspect someone at Nord would know, since she is one of their trade show performers. It's not beyond the realm of possibility that someone who knew the material better than Rachel programmed that setting.

If you find out Rachel's drawbar settings, post them!. If you watch her Tarkus video, she is constantly switching drawbar settings.

It was cool seeing Rachel play that organ part right before (I think) "Next upon the bill in our House of Vaudeville"

It always wondered how Keith got that sound. Guess I can die in peace now.

If you find out Rachel's drawbar settings, post them!. If you watch her Tarkus video, she is constantly switching drawbar settings.

It was cool seeing Rachel play that organ part right before (I think) "Next upon the bill in our House of Vaudeville"

It always wondered how Keith got that sound. Guess I can die in peace now.
    You must be referring to the "monkey-paw slapping glissando". I was amazed she figured that out so perfectly.

Let's get back on topic a bit. Does anyone else get the feeling the lead singer is trying out for a commercial by looking directly at the camera?
    Most other musician picture angles are 15-45% and often looking up the singer's schnoz. Not that I want to count the guy's nose hairs, it's just that I expect him at any moment to say "...and that's not all foks!
    As for his performance, I think it was pretty fair.
    Come to think of it, all of them pretty much nailed it.
    I just happen to think it's significant that Rachel nailed it twice.

I like the performances, but the mix is not good. The keys should be way more prominent and the bass less so. Also, I don't really care for the vocalist but he's tolerable.

Quote Originally Posted by Jubal View Post
    You must be referring to the "monkey-paw slapping glissando". I was amazed she figured that out so perfectly.
    Maybe Keith told her how he did it? What is really sad is that I originally had that sentence in present tense.