Thread: Polyethylene Pet/+1 preview

Polyethylene Pet/+1 preview

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to give a little update on my doings. Mostly not doing. There, done.

Seriously though, hello and thanks for giving a crap about our modest offerings. We do so appreciate it.

The news thus far being

+1's last full release: "Future Perfect" (a fine listen, we think - do check it out, if you haven't already)

Polyethylene Pet's most recent release: "Live at Royal Sky/Bop Science" (also quite fun, we think, if not very friendly)

and

the +1 EP "Brave New World Order" (inspired by the world's current shit show and wired for dancing)

We encourage anyone interesting to go to our lovely streams page and listen to these sometime. We hope it may bring some enjoyment to you.
    If you are so inclined, you can also go to our Music Library to purchase copies for your own self. All are available as physical CDs. Otherwise, you know, not.

So.... the news today is that a new Polyethylene Pet/+1 mashup is due to be released sometime in October this year. After it's presented giftly to its rightful owner, it shall be released to our adoring fans.

Because things are fluid and i'm full of poo sometimes, though - here is a sneak preview of the upcoming album via a post on our blog the other day:

http://paperjam.biz/redballoon/?p=1009

Two older songs, made new through labours of love and science, simmering with virtual anger and excitement.

Submitted for your approval, because you're all so awesome

Peace trees to one and all your circles,

Kim
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

I haven't visited Pandy in a while, so what the hell...
    Thanks for the updates, Kim!

My pleasure, man. I hope you enjoy it! Thanks
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

Just gave "I can be mad now" a spin.....fookin' brilliant! Love it. Is this about Ronald Dump? In any event, I love the 80's-ish retro vibe but brimming with neat textures and little things popping their heads out of holes. Dirty little holes. Great, really.

EDIT: the next track "Sneeze Tax" is equally brilliant and weird enough for even me to like it! Fantastic, man.
    Last edited by chalkpie; 07-14-2016 at 10:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Just gave "I can be mad now" a spin.....fookin' brilliant! Love it. Is this about Ronald Dump? .
    Ha! It's a mad, mad, mad, mad year. And I don't want to think about how it's going to wind up. And Sneeze Tax is a great title! Thanks for these cool tunes, Kim!

Just gave "I can be mad now" a spin.....fookin' brilliant! Love it. Is this about Ronald Dump? In any event, I love the 80's-ish retro vibe but brimming with neat textures and little things popping their heads out of holes. Dirty little holes. Great, really.

EDIT: the next track "Sneeze Tax" is equally brilliant and weird enough for even me to like it! Fantastic, man.
    Not about the Donald, no - i wrote and recorded the original tracks back in 1995. It's been heavily refactored and reprocessed, as is our way, but that's why you're picking up on a "retro vibe" there. Sadly, i realised it was still an appropriate sentiment today, if not even more so. Consequently, i dusted it off, made it shinier and newer and angrier, preparing to release it into the world, now that i'm an official citizen of this place. Oy and vey.

I'm glad you like Sneeze Tax, same vintage but a completely new recording. That one is unofficially dedicated to our good friend Stevie "my other car is Magma" Feigenbaum. Seriously "rehearsal intensive". Shout out to you brother Steve (he'll never see this)

Dirty little holes, yes. You totally get it. And if one listens very closely, it becomes very clear things aren't quite what they seem

Quote Originally Posted by Reid View Post
    Ha! It's a mad, mad, mad, mad year. And I don't want to think about how it's going to wind up. And Sneeze Tax is a great title! Thanks for these cool tunes, Kim!
    My pleasure, Reid! Thank YOU. And you're absolutely right that "mad" is meant in all the possible senses. Mad crazy and mad angry seems to be our new normal these days. That multiple word sense thing is something i've picked up from B.Sue over the years

The album is actually already done. I think it's going to be one of my favourite ones, actually. If anyone is interested in hearing a preview of the whole album, PM me and we'll see about hooking it up for you.

Thanks so much, everyone, for the groovy comments! We do appreciate it. You rock

K
    Last edited by Polypet; 07-16-2016 at 12:16 PM.

Fabulous news, Kim - listening now to 'I can be mad now' - splendid. You sound so transformed ...

Transformed, eh? Yeah, it's been known to happen

Thanks Richard

I can't think of one single time where I listened to your music & didn't smile (& often shake my head in a good way), Kim.

This stuff is damn sure no exception
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Given the relatively low traffic here in this space, i think i can safely post the currently private link to the album stream, for those who may be interested in hearing the whole schmear now:

Polyethylene Pet/+1 - Pop
    http://www.precognitiverecords.com/Pop

We do hope you get some pleasure from it. I feel it's the least we can do in these turbulent times

K
    Last edited by Polypet; 07-16-2016 at 05:25 PM.

Listening now!
    Thanks, Kim!

Thank YOU!

Yes, thanks mate, gonna try and check it out later on with 'phones - not cell phones or headphones - I mean the old phones with a rotary dialer and curly cord.

Yes, thanks mate, gonna try and check it out later on with 'phones - not cell phones or headphones - I mean the old phones with a rotary dialer and curly cord.
    Excellent. It always sounds best through old school 'phones

A gentle bump - the album "Pop" is about to have its stream made public in a week or so (around my own birthday, actually). CDs available in October. So here is an early link to that again for those here who may have missed it... i hope it brings some joy and anger management to one and all

Polyethylene Pet/+1 - Pop
    http://www.precognitiverecords.com/Pop

Happy Sunday, everyone.