Thread: Midas - Touch the Clear Air (2013). Japan prog. Anyone heard it?

Midas - Touch the Clear Air (2013). Japan prog. Anyone heard it?

I'm having trouble finding any substantial data regarding this album. I always liked Beyond the Clear Air (1988), didn't care for the second one much, and more or less lost touch with the band afterward. Looking for some guidance here.

Their second release sounded like a nippon UK lite for retirement homes. Not terrible, not terribly interesting either.

Like Providence they appeared to have some difficulty following up a very strong debut.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Quote Originally Posted by ashratom View Post
    I'm having trouble finding any substantial data regarding this album. I always liked Beyond the Clear Air (1988), didn't care for the second one much, and more or less lost touch with the band afterward. Looking for some guidance here.
    I own this one, I was very dissapointed after Hearing it, it's nowhere as good as "Beyond the Clear Air". Don't think I ever listened to it a second time. I think it's their weakest Album.

May have to give it another Chance, but I don't think you should waste your money or time on it.

I still listen sometimes to their live Album which works the best for me.

Thanks TheH. That's exactly why I asked. Like Richard stated, the second one was very disappointing to me as well, and it doesn't seem the band has ever regained the magic of the debut. OK, will forego temptation at inexpensive CD copy offered then....

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    Like Providence they appeared to have some difficulty following up a very strong debut.
    There Once Was a Night of Choko-Muro is just as good, if not better.

^ No.

"[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Third Operation has its moments but they never did get better than BTCA.

Quote Originally Posted by dropforge View Post
    There Once Was a Night of Choko-Muro is just as good, if not better.
    Eh...I disagree. Strongly.
    Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...

Quote Originally Posted by dropforge View Post
    I feel that Kahlua creamy vodka permeat my palate already. I won't get rid of it for the remainder of the day now.

I don't think "There Once Was a Night of Choko-Muro" is a bad Album, it just sounds like an Album by a totall different band.

If you where into the much more eclectic Sound of the debut with the Mellotron, jazzy keyboards and funky bass you will not find much
    to love on the second one.

Seen of itself Choko-Muro is a very good Album of bombastic Power Prog.

I like both, I just don't compare them because they are to different from each other.