Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gilmour in Pompeii

Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    "Echoes is a musical conversation between two people, Rick [Wright] and me. Sadly Rick is dead, and that's a conversation I can no longer have."

-David Gilmour
    That's a real gut punch.

But the photo essay is great, especially for gear geeks curious about Gilmour's effects.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    If you limit your view to only through an economic lens, sure, it made little business sense. But, in an artistic sense, it was brilliant.
    Sure the original was definitely a risk for PF. And it worked out excellently for them. DG is currently pretty much immune to the economics that most people and musicians deal with. He picks beautiful / interesting places to play in, brings his family with him and has a working vacation. Judging by the pictures of the concert, I will be helping him out by buying the DVD when it becomes available.

Polly was trying to get Dave to remove his shirt & play like he did in the original. Sorry, but you gotta draw a line somewhere & I'm drawing it there!
    I've got a bike you can ride it if you like

Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    Polly was trying to get Dave to remove his shirt & play like he did in the original. Sorry, but you gotta draw a line somewhere & I'm drawing it there!
    Hey, for the 70 and up crowd I'll bet a bare chested Dave Gilmour would be a major turn on!
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.