Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Did Led Zep rip off the oldest known melody?

Quote Originally Posted by Koreabruce View Post
    Oh great. I just wasted my whole afternoon watching Monty Python skits... Timeless!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by StevegSr View Post
    I once saw Hammurabi live at the Tunis Amphitheater. The dude is killer on the lyre.
    Wasn't that the tour he did, opening for Mathusalem??
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

I used to have an opening in my Mathusalem. It eventually healed after using a salve.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Estimated Prophet notallwhowander's Avatar
    Better your Mathusalem than your Melchizedek!
    Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Huge Stones fan here. Until the kids arrived and ruined everything.

Of course, they stole it all from The Honeymooners.
    I don't recall the Great Gazoo in the Honeymooners, you dum-dum.

Although, there is some similarity between the characters, the circumstances were very different.
    HM - lower class bordering on poor, living in a two room apartment in a tenement, not even having a phone
    FS - solid middle class, living in a single home in the suburbs, two cars, credit cards, a plethora of gadgets and appliances, taking vacations, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by A. Scherze View Post
    I don't recall the Great Gazoo in the Honeymooners, you dum-dum.

Although, there is some similarity between the characters, the circumstances were very different.
    HM - lower class bordering on poor, living in a two room apartment in a tenement, not even having a phone
    FS - solid middle class, living in a single home in the suburbs, two cars, credit cards, a plethora of gadgets and appliances, taking vacations, etc.
    Well, there's more than "some similarity." I'm not going to get into a debate, but they are clearly the animated Honeymooners. Same characters, even down to the redhead wife. Many of the same story lines. Yes, no Great Gazoo. I suppose Jackie Gleason was a little more limited in what he could do on live TV in the 1950s versus what one can accomplish an an animation studio.

Maybe one of our "friends" here who seems to have no life can create a "Honeymooners vs. Flintstones" thread.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

I always thought Blue Swede stole the earliest melody:

Quote Originally Posted by Yodelgoat View Post
    Oh great. I just wasted my whole afternoon watching Monty Python skits... Timeless!!!!
    Time spent watching Monty Python skits is time well spent! In fact, as a teacher, I'd call it an education.