Thread: New David Cross album "Sign Of The Crow", live shows with David Jackson.

New David Cross album "Sign Of The Crow", live shows with David Jackson.

Camples-

His band (featuring VDGG's David Jackson) is performing 17 July, opening act (King Crimson lyricist) Richard Palmer-James' band, at Banks' Robin 2 in Briton. http://www.therobin.co.uk/whats_on/g...asp?gigid=4542
    **This epic show will feature songs from The David Cross Band plus songs from King Crimson and Van Der Graaf Generator.**

Several other dates are now up on his website. Wish he'd Cross (ahem) the pond.

http://crossmusic.co.uk/
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Yeah, I'm gonna be all over this. Love Cross' work. Just last night I ordered two other CDs from his website.
    Hired on to work for Mr. Bill Cox, a-fixin' lawn mowers and what-not, since 1964.

"Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. It'll just knock over all the pieces, shit on the board, and strut about like it's won anyway." Anonymous

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” George Carlin

I think they're also playing in Italy?
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"

"Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Pipe dream I know, but this would be awesome at ProgDay!

David Cross would be treated like royalty in NC. Extra shrimp at Kankee, unlimited beers at the Comfort Inn pool. Royalty. David Jackson too, but I assume he's already experienced that.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Has anyone heard this album?

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Has anyone heard this album?
    yes, I got mine and I really like it. it's pretty heavy prog rock for the most part. everyone seems to be on their game with respective instruments and the vocals are great. not many weaknesses that I hear and lots of violin. I posted it in the new releases a couple days ago. all tracks are on YT.
    i.ain't.dead.irock

Quote Originally Posted by proggosaurus View Post
    yes, I got mine and I really like it. it's pretty heavy prog rock for the most part. everyone seems to be on their game with respective instruments and the vocals are great. not many weaknesses that I hear and lots of violin.
    I agree on all points. It could do with more instrumentals, but that's just my own preference (and it probably wouldn't be fair to Jinian since he's a full band member and all). The wordless tunes are great, though--DC is superb at those Eastern/Arabian textures--and the rest manages to be dramatic but not cheesy.

Cool...the camples sound nice....a bit heavier than I would have thought but this is all very nice sounding.....will add to the want list.

Think mine ships tomorrow, should have it in a week. Can't wait!

The band performing Schizoid Man the other night-

Jaxon and Cross are putting an album out in March:
    http://dmme.net/kc-vdgg-david-cross-...e-debut-album/
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Sign of the crow has a delivery-time of 72 days in the store that can order it.
    Alive in the underworld has a shorter delivery-time.

I'll see what I will order.

Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    Looks like an interesting combination.
    It is! Cross and Jaxon work together as the leads. There are some nice solos between them. The rhythm section of Blundell and Paul is predictably good, allowing room for the soloists while still providing interest. Three listens in, and I’m enjoying it quite a bit.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.