Thread: Rachel Flowers playing "Tarkus" at Squashed Grapes

Rachel Flowers playing "Tarkus" at Squashed Grapes

About two weeks ago I was able to see Rachel perform at Squashed Grapes. Her first set was with The Rachel Flowers Trio with Jeff Falkner on bass and Paul Tavenner on drums. Lots of great jazz and several wonderful original compositions by Rachel. She even sang an Adele song. For her solo set she decided to play Tarkus. I ran out of storage on my phone so I only have about the first half. She did another set after Tarkus with the trio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTsUglLdioM
    Last edited by rminsk; 06-30-2016 at 06:41 PM.

Cool. So she's got a trio and is regularly gigging now? Great news.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulrus View Post
    +1
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by Paulrus View Post
    She plays at Squashed Grapes, a local jazz club, about once a month. She has been doing it since at least 2014. She sometimes plays with this trio and other times she plays with Hans Ottsen on guitar and Adam Clark on drums and with a lot of other locals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VT5rhJEwN9s

She has really become better at hitting the Bluesy "trills" that made Keith's work so distinctive.

I just discovered this one from Zappa Plays Zappa at the Canyon Club last December. I hadn't seen this one until this morning.