Thread: Renaissance on tour

Renaissance on tour

I just learned that Renaissance will be playing at the historic Arcada Theater on 12 November, 2016.

http://www.arcadalive.com/events/renaissance/

Arcada is the most prog-friendly venue in Chicagoland! Recent shows have included Steve Hackett, Anderson Ponty Band, and Musical Box. This will be a show worth driving in for!!

Cheers and best!

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MoreSolos! View Post
    I just learned that Renaissance will be playing at the historic Arcada Theater on 12 November, 2016.

Arcada is the most prog-friendly venue in Chicagoland! Recent shows have included Steve Hackett, Anderson Ponty Band, and Musical Box. This will be a show worth driving in for!!

Cheers and best!
    Hmm, since all those bands have also recently played in Tarrytown, NY, hoping for another Renaissance show there - but there are no US dates listed on their website now.

Quote Originally Posted by MoreSolos! View Post

Cheers and best!
    Yeah, I was browsing the Arcada show listings last week and saw Renaissance listed. Picked up two sweet box seats for my wife & I. I don't believe they have even announced the show yet, I get Arcada e-mails all the time.

The Arcada is very prog friendly as the owner is huge a prog fan. Wish the sound was half way decent there, and they took the money from the over-priced tickets and put them into new seats and bathrooms. Not a complaint as much as pointing out the obvious. But, yeah... prog, they book it, and it's close to home.

Quote Originally Posted by Man In The Mountain View Post
    Yeah, I was browsing the Arcada show listings last week and saw Renaissance listed. Picked up two sweet box seats for my wife & I. I don't believe they have even announced the show yet, I get Arcada e-mails all the time.

The Arcada is very prog friendly as the owner is huge a prog fan. Wish the sound was half way decent there, and they took the money from the over-priced tickets and put them into new seats and bathrooms. Not a complaint as much as pointing out the obvious. But, yeah... prog, they book it, and it's close to home.
    I can't see the attraction to pay for "over priced" tickets to listen to a sound system that is only half way decent. I thought the idea was to be able to put together a sound system at home that would sound as close to a live performance as possible. Am I missing something? Don't get me wrong, Renaissance is one of my all time favorite bands and I've seen them countless times. Do hear them play on a sub par sound system is an injustice.
    Last edited by Jack in Wilmington; 06-27-2016 at 02:53 PM. Reason: Additional Twaddle

Why can Renaissance do a show in the US whenever they want but for a band like Marillion it's every 4-8 years? Are the members of Renaissance all US citizens?

Anyway, wish they'd do a show in Tarrytown! Sounds like a good time.

------------------------
    Annie Haslam and friends In the Spirit of the Holidays
    Sellersville Theatre, PA, December 17
    A great way to get into the festive holiday mood and sing along with Annie and friends: Rave Tesar, David J Keyes, Tom Brislin, Frank Pagano, and Jann Klose. Always a fun time, it's more than the music!

https://www.ticketfly.com/purchase/mobile/index/1341685

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Why can Renaissance do a show in the US whenever they want but for a band like Marillion it's every 4-8 years? Are the members of Renaissance all US citizens?

------------------------
    A great way to get into the festive holiday mood and sing along with Annie and friends: Rave Tesar, David J Keyes, Tom Brislin, Frank Pagano, and Jann Klose. Always a fun time, it's more than the music!

I believe all of the members lives around the Pa. and New Jersey areas. Me and my wife have gone to Annie's Christmas show for quite a few years now and will be there again next weekend. I just wish they wouldn't do that audience participation 12 days of Christmas song. It's pretty much our tradition anymore. Maybe that's sad in a way, but the show is usually enjoyable. A Very laid back and intimate show.

Why can Renaissance do a show in the US whenever they want but for a band like Marillion it's every 4 years? Are the members of Renaissance all US citizens?
    They are now. Jon Camp refers to them as AARTB... the "All-American Renaissance Tribute Band"

Oddly though, Renaissance seem to have a hard time going west, always doing East Coast tours, never get much past the Midwest.

Quote Originally Posted by Man In The Mountain View Post
    They are now. Jon Camp refers to them as AARTB... the "All-American Renaissance Tribute Band"

Oddly though, Renaissance seem to have a hard time going west, always doing East Coast tours, never get much past the Midwest.
    They can go to England, which is great, but not across the US. Who cares what Camp thinks about the band at this point anyway?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rapidfirerob View Post
    Who cares what Camp thinks about the band at this point anyway?
    Apparently, I do.

I know Annie & Jon haven't been on the best of terms for years. If the above quote or paraphrase is true, I don't know why he continues to throw gasoline on the fire. My advice to anyone who wants to get out of the hole they've dug for themselves in to is, first, stop digging!
    I've got a bike you can ride it if you like

Just saw them in Buffalo. They performed well enough, and played some cool songs, and I enjoyed the show. However, they are still Renaissance-Light. They don't pack the punch they did back in the day.

------------------------

They are one of those bands that was popular in a particular region of America and that's the northeast. No one else really ever knew about them so hence there's no fan base outside of the NE. I got lucky when a friend from Rochester turned me onto them. Heck, just the thought of Renaissance playing Las Vegas BITD is kinda funny.

I often wonder if I would have digged them as much had I found them later through PE. I don't have the answer but sometimes you find the band when you need to find them. The universe works in strange ways.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post
    They are one of those bands that was popular in a particular region of America and that's the northeast. No one else really ever knew about them so hence there's no fan base outside of the NE. I got lucky when a friend from Rochester turned me onto them. Heck, just the thought of Renaissance playing Las Vegas BITD is kinda funny.

I often wonder if I would have digged them as much had I found them later through PE. I don't have the answer but sometimes you find the band when you need to find them. The universe works in strange ways.
    I saw them in San Francisco in the early 80s. It has been done in the past and is still possible, if the will ever materializes.

My first time seeing Renaissance was at NEARfest (the last time). I really enjoyed it and have seen them two or three three times since then. The experience keeps getting better IMO, but I am still sort of fairly new to the band.

Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    I know Annie & Jon haven't been on the best of terms for years. If the above quote or paraphrase is true, I don't know why he continues to throw gasoline on the fire. My advice to anyone who wants to get out of the hole they've dug for themselves in to is, first, stop digging!
    It's especially unfortunate since there are only three of the classic members left alive.

Quote Originally Posted by dpt3 View Post
    It's especially unfortunate since there are only three of the classic members left alive.
    And consider the fact that Annie just replaced her bass player with a NEW bass player, who is adequate at best... Personally I thought after Dunford passed away it would have been a good time to add in some original alumni to keep legitimacy. But I guess Annie wants zero to do with Camp or Sullivan. Is it really "her" music to do with as she pleases?

It's a shame, especially in these later days that the opportunity goes unfulfilled.