Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PROGTOBERFEST II MAJOR LINEUP ANNOUNCEMENT

Gotta see Brand X. And speaking of great shows coming up, Haken August 30 with Thank You Scientist.

None of the bands blow me away, marginally interested in Brand X and the Security Project. I just hope the bands don't play too late into the evening. The idea of spending 60 hours at Reggies to see a couple of bands...

For all of you worried about seating, if memory serves, the last Progtoberfest wasn't that well attended, it was not standing room only (like Magma was), so there should be a seat or two available in the Joint side, and there's seating on the side in the Rock Club.

But as some said earlier, I think it comes down to ...Cubs vs. going to Reggies!
    Last edited by strawberrybrick; 06-22-2016 at 03:07 PM.
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"

It really is an amazing line up. But that only compounds the problem for me...too many bands and too few seats! More than 3 bands in one day is more than I can give my undivided attention to. This is the main reason that I do not on Cruise to the Edge..
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    How much seating? enough for everyone? 10 chairs?
    Well, this is a new year, but back in 2014, Ana and I never had any problem getting a seat on the Music Joint side (a lot of tables and booths, at least 100 seats, I'd say), and often found something at Reggie's, whether it was a side seat on the floor, or a rear seat in the balcony. If attendance is better this time around, who knows.

It is not for everybody, but I quite liked the 'onslaught of bands' format.

neil

I am now committed to blowing Strawberrybrick away at this gig.

Quote Originally Posted by mkeneally View Post
    Nice.

neil

That's good. That means you'll blow us all away.

i'm really looking forward to this! I had an absolute blast the first time around in 2014, both as a performer and an audience member. I'm also honored to be taking part in the Keith Emerson Tribute with the great Mike Keneally and my friend Luis Nasser. Also, I just want to mention that D97 will now be playing Friday in the Joint from 8:15-9:15 right before the tribute. Also stoked to see Brand X with my old Berklee teacher Kenwood Denard on drums! Should be a great weekend. I encourage anyone on the fence to take the plunge.

Quote Originally Posted by District97 View Post
    I'm also honored to be taking part in the Keith Emerson Tribute with the great Mike Keneally and my friend Luis Nasser. Also, I just want to mention that D97 will now be playing Friday in the Joint from 8:15-9:15 right before the tribute.
    Cool!! I will definitely be at the Friday show.

At a minimum, I'll be at the Friday show, Mike. See you then!

i'm really looking forward to this! I had an absolute blast the first time around in 2014, both as a performer and an audience member. I'm also honored to be taking part in the Keith Emerson Tribute with the great Mike Keneally and my friend Luis Nasser. Also, I just want to mention that D97 will now be playing Friday in the Joint from 8:15-9:15 right before the tribute. Also stoked to see Brand X with my old Berklee teacher Kenwood Denard on drums! Should be a great weekend. I encourage anyone on the fence to take the plunge.
    Well that pretty much seals the deal for Friday!

Quote Originally Posted by gearHed289 View Post
    Well that pretty much seals the deal for Friday!
    Great, see you there! Come say hi after the set.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Particularly would like to see Corima again, line-up looks pretty interesting but I doubt I'll make it giving it'd be my fourth festival of the year & I'm not up for standing for lengthy periods.
    You can lean on me, Geezer, but I might be sitting down at the time! Too many good, eclectic band selections not to go, IMHO - - -

When did Ian become me?
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

When did Prog become a stand up event? Not cool...

We feel the need... to do the same Mike!

My sister Anne and I will be coming to Chi-town for Friday and Saturday. Great lineup for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Brand-X 2016 View Post
    We feel the need... to do the same Mike!
    Should I wear a flak vest???

Anyway, you should have some competition with D97. There new live album is pretty intense!

What he said, except of course for the fact i have never met Kenwood Denard, let alone been his student. Jonathan is a mensch, and you'll get to hear the new members of D97 in action. It will be a night to remember for sure. Hope to see many of you in Chicago, and definitely come have a drink after!

I don't think i'll be making the entire festival like i wanted but there's a very good chance i will come up for the saturday show. Question - how much band overlap is there between the two venues? I'm not going to be enjoying Corima and find out i'm missing out on Beer For Dolphins? There are some bands in the Music Joint that i'm just as excited about as the Rock Club. I about shit myself when i realized The Explorers Club was the sunshine, retro pop band and not the prog super group, man, i love those guys.

Quote Originally Posted by progholio View Post
    I don't think i'll be making the entire festival like i wanted but there's a very good chance i will come up for the saturday show. Question - how much band overlap is there between the two venues? I'm not going to be enjoying Corima and find out i'm missing out on Beer For Dolphins? There are some bands in the Music Joint that i'm just as excited about as the Rock Club. I about shit myself when i realized The Explorers Club was the sunshine, retro pop band and not the prog super group, man, i love those guys.
    I attended one day of it last time and there was some overlap. Bands kind of stagger started between one venue and the other. I would guess with so many bands on the bill this year that it would be similar.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    When did Ian become me?
    After my third dose of absinthe.

Quote Originally Posted by progholio View Post
    Hope you can make it. My sister and I will be coming down from Kazoo for Friday and Saturday.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    When did Ian become me?
    When I shaved my head? I am honored by the comparison.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.