Thread: Steve Kimock's Talks about Rustic Ambient Americana

Steve Kimock's Talks about Rustic Ambient Americana

He's a denizen of the jam band scene, but don't call him that. Steve Kimock is a versatile guitar player steeped as much in American roots music as he is in avant-garde composer Harry Partch. He's played with every member of the Grateful Dead including Kingfish and The Other Ones. He played live on Echoes recently and we talked to him about his music evolution and recent album of rustic ambient guitar, Last Danger of Frost. The Grateful Dead Hour's David Gans also weighs in on Steve Kimock tonight on Echoes. http://wp.me/p4ZE0X-6KY

Thanks for the heads up. Love Steve Kimock. He was the best player the boys played with after Garcia died. Too bad he and Phil had a falling out. BTW, there's ton of soundboard recordings of his various projects on Archive.org. He's got some great originals.

This interview is now up in the Echoes Podcast: "Jam Band" is a slur. His new album is an "experiment," tuning is an approximation. Some thoughts from Steve Kimock . He talks about it and his album of ambient guitars, Last Danger of Frost. David Gans of The Grateful Dead Hour lends some context. Here them in the Echoes Podcast. HTTP://WP.ME/P4ZE0X-6RP

This stuff scratches an itch I didn't even know I had.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart