Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Big Brother Season 18

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie View Post
    Run through all his steps to get the video add-ons. Once you get setup, you should be able to pull up pretty much anything your heart desires.
    Jeez - and I thought I was up to speed with the latest technologies

I watched the video and read up on Kodi, and am impressed. Many thanks for this info! I'll set it up tonight.
    Regards,

Duncan

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    "That gum you like is going to come back in style."

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie View Post
    Run through all his steps to get the video add-ons. Once you get setup, you should be able to pull up pretty much anything your heart desires.
    It installed beautifully!

Now I need to figure out how to use it, and find all the stuff I want.

(I've already found CBS All Access.)
    Regards,

Duncan

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Glenday View Post
    (I've already found CBS All Access.)
    Hmmm - CBS all access is exactly the same as if I'd installed it directly on the fire stick. I.e. I have to pay for it.

How do you ger BBCA? I did a search on "Big Brother". No BBCA. I pulled up BBUK ... nothing

So far, I'm not sure I get the value..?
    Regards,

Duncan

All the big brothers are found under a big brother search. I like to use 1channel, Exodus, Genesis. Then pick a server. I find that Vidbull works the best. Are you searching under Video/Video Add Ons? Have you enabled the Add Ons? Look up some different you tubes regarding repositories. SuperRepo is a good one for instance.

BBVA: series 1 ... first 2 episodes seem pretty bland. Is it worth pursuing? Why..?

Sent via PE's mobile app
    Regards,

Duncan

^BBCA

Sent via PE's mobile app
    Regards,

Duncan

BBVA: series 1 ... first 2 episodes seem pretty bland. Is it worth pursuing? Why..?

Sent via PE's mobile app
    BBCanada had a fantastic first season. Stick with it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    BBCanada had a fantastic first season. Stick with it!!
    What Gruno said. See it through. I think you'll like it.

Back to BBUS. I was so sad to see Vince get evicted...again. He really deserves to win. Based on the conversation in the Jury House, they agree. So it was a good move to get rid of him, but I was sorry to see him go. I would be very surprised if he didn't win fan favourite.

I hope Paul wins it. I think that he's the most deserving. Nicole would be my second choice. To have a strong showmance and not get put on the block until final four, is pretty good.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post

I hope Paul wins it. I think that he's the most deserving. Nicole would be my second choice. To have a strong showmance and not get put on the block until final four, is pretty good.
    my thoughts exactly.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

For those who also watch Survivor, I've started the Survivor season 33 thread. Survivor begins on Wednesday, Sept. 21.

http://www.progressiveears.org/forum...en-X-Season-33

Soooooo. That vote was a bit of a nail biter! Was anyone else surprised at the outcome? I thought for sure that Paul had it. I think had he been a bit nicer to people in the house he would have won. I think he blew it by taking Nicole instead of James. I don't see people voting for James over Paul.

Not that this should be a deciding factor, nor do I think the people in the house know about this, but after seeing the house that Paul's family lives in...I'm pretty sure Nicole needs the money more than he does so for that reason, I'm glad she won.

Yup, dumb move not taking James. I don't think using the "C" word helped him either with the female votes.

No complaints with the outcome from me. I thought Paul played the better game, but it was pretty close. I thought it'd be a toss up, being most of the people on the jury seemed to strongly dislike Nicole. I'm glad he took someone he thought was deserving to be in the final two (although I suppose that's easy for me to say).

Dumb for him to not take James, but I also like that James was not rewarded with 2nd place's $50K purse.

Idiots should have gotten the vets out early on!

Duncan, have you given in to more BB Canada episodes? That season gets better and better culminating with a wallop of a live finale!

To all:
    Shall we continue the BB fall season (Big Brother: Over The Top) here in this thread?

Just as one season of Big Brother finishes up, another one begins. But this time big changes are in store.

During Wednesday’s live finale for season 18, host Julie Chen announced more details for the fall edition airing exclusively on the CBS All Access subscription service. Titled Big Brother: Over the Top, the season will mark the first time all house activity will be available for live viewing, including challenges as well as nomination and veto ceremonies. Also, for the first time ever, viewers will be able to watch select live Diary Room sessions.

But the biggest news of all involves a return to the show’s roots: For the first time since season 1, fans — instead of a jury made up of fellow players — will choose the winner. Not only that, but viewers will get to vote for one of two former players to join the season: either Jason Roy from season 17, or Jozea Flores from this past installment. (In order to vote, one must subscribe to CBS All Access at CBS.com.)

Big Brother: Over the Top premieres on Sept. 28 at 10 p.m. ET.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    Duncan, have you given in to more BB Canada episodes? That season gets better and better culminating with a wallop of a live finale!
    I've been working VERY lat nights, and we haven't had time to watch much of anything. Hope to catch up in the coming week, work permitting.
    Regards,

Duncan

I've been working VERY lat nights, and we haven't had time to watch much of anything. Hope to catch up in the coming week, work permitting.
    Please update us here with some observations/comments on season 1. Curious to hear your take as you peruse the inaugural season.

I haven't managed to find time to get into BBCA yet. But my wife started watching BB Over The Top.
    Regards,

Duncan

^ How 'over the top' is it? Any drastic changes from the usual BB?

Not so 'over the top' - but quite a lot of changes:
    - One full episode per week.
    - But you can watch 15-to-20 minute daily feeds, which will pretty much comprise the full weekly episode.
    - Although 1 episode a week is very different, each week's show (about 90 minutes) is packed with action, because it includes everything that happened that week
    - No nomination ceremony. Instead, over a period of 2 days, the HoH presses buttons on a gizmo to announce that people are safe ... and then the last 2 who aren't safe are obviously the nominees.
    - Two nominees - but then America votes in a 3rd nominee.
    - America also votes in the eviction - and their vote counts as one. (E.g. 10 house guests each vote - but there will be 11 votes)
    - No audience when you're eliminated. You go out the same door, but no one - and no audience - to greet you.
    - No jury. When you're out, you go home. America will vote for the winner, out of the 2 (3?) finalists.
    - With just 1 or 2 exceptions, all the contestants seem to be from the south.
    - There's one returnee - a gay kid called Jason from (I think) season 17. They're targeting him, but he got the PoV and is still around.
    - Some of the decor from the last season is still there - the airplanes on the wall, etc.
    Regards,

Duncan

^ shame about America voting for the winner...even a nominee is a bit of a stretch for me.

Sounds like I'm not missing anything, which is just as I suspected.

I have the first weeks worth of episodes ready for viewing. I just haven't had the time to sit and watch them.

I'm enjoying Big Brother Over The Top. Why couldn't they incorporate some of these twists & format into the proper show??? Damn! I suppose they may start doing that by using OTT as a means to test these things out.

Ok, so I'm hooked after the first episode!

Regards,

Duncan