Thread: Irwin Schmidt (Can) on Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown

Irwin Schmidt (Can) on Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown

Irmin Schmidt was briefly a guest on the Cologne episode of 'Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown' which first aired at 9ET this evening on CNN. Schmidt enjoyed a meal with Bourdain who asked him a few questions about the city of Cologne and about the music and legacy of Can. There was also some brief vintage clips of Can performing live included as part of the segment. As is the case with Bourdain's show, no one person is ever too much of a focus (except for Bourdain himself) but it was still cool to see a band like Can and a musician like Schmidt included on a show like this one on a network like CNN, where most of the target audience very likely has never heard of Can or even what is typically labeled as 'krautrock' beforehand. The show is rerun frequently so if you missed it tonight you should have plenty of chances to catch it at your convenience.
    Last edited by oilersfan; 06-05-2016 at 10:42 PM.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Schmidt enjoyed a meal with Bourdain
    Did they have canned Agean okra?

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Thanks, I need to see this one. Have to say I love Bourdain's shows. I found him annoying at first, but I'm used to him now.

BTW, it's Irmin Schmidt I think.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Thanks, I need to see this one. Have to say I love Bourdain's shows. I found him annoying at first, but I'm used to him now.

BTW, it's Irmin Schmidt I think.
    Yes, you are correct.