Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I found my father dead

My profound condolences, Darryl. I hope you family finds peace.
    "And your little sister's immaculate virginity wings away on the bony shoulders of a young horse named George who stole surreptitiously into her geography revision."

Occasional musical musings on https://darkelffile.blogspot.com/

Thanks again everyone. Mum's been back since Wednesday night and her and my sister and me have been really busy all week. Autopsy said he died of heart failure but a toxicology test still needs to be done. I was talking to him in person only hours before I found him.
    The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off

Sorry to read about this. Condolences. It's one of things I've feared recently myself, to find my 87 year old aunt dead, from a fall, or she just dies in her sleep. Obviously, I'd call 911 if I ever saw her unresponsive, but I understand that I'd need to call the police as well just so they know there's no foul play.

my mom died at 52. sucked big time. can definitely sympathize.
    "She said you are the air I breathe
    The life I love, the dream I weave."

Unevensong - Camel

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    I lost my dad when he was 53yrs old, but it wasn't a surprise since he had his first heart attack at age 42 and a second one at 46. We knew it wouldn't be long when he finally did punch out after being rushed to an ER a third time. It sounds like this was quite unexpected and what a terrible shock for you. I hope you find some peace in this eventually.
    Compact Disk brought high fidelity to the masses and audiophiles will never forgive it for that

Sorry I'm noticing this 3 weeks late but I send my condolences to you. Way too young... that's my age.
    You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...

Thanks. It was kind of a shitty Father's Day yesterday; dad's gone and I'm still childless. But the weather is nice.

Banned
    ^ Hang in there. I've been there too - watched my Dad die painfully and slowly of cancer, suffering for months on end when I was 24. It sounds like your pop didn't suffer terribly, so at least there's that.

Express your feelings, keep busy, keep moving forward and honor his memory by living and being happy.

That's my corny advice FWIW.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddhabreath View Post
    ^ Hang in there. I've been there too - watched my Dad die painfully and slowly of cancer, suffering for months on end when I was 24. It sounds like your pop didn't suffer terribly, so at least there's that.

Express your feelings, keep busy, keep moving forward and honor his memory by living and being happy.

That's my corny advice FWIW.
    This is good advice.
    I am very sorry to hear this. How are doing today, Zravkapt?

I'm doing good enough. You can all call me Darryl. Again thanks for all the replies.

Thanks, Darryl.
    All you can do is take each day as it comes.

As others have said, at least he didn't suffer for a long time. My mom died a month ago after a long battle with cancer and that was hard to watch.
    As someone who writes, I suggest you jot down your thoughts and make an essay out of it. It does help.

Don't hesitate to reach out for help if you need it, either in your community or here on the Forum.

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

^Oh ffs

It's been at least two years since someone has reminded me of that.

I just saw this Darryl. I can't imagine anything more painful than this. I'm glad to hear that you are doing well.
    I pray that your mother and sister are also getting along as well as possible.
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

Also just saw this thread - my condolences for your loss.
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

Pendulumswingingdoomsday Rune Blackwings's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zravkapt View Post
    My mother is currently in another part of the country and doesn't get back until Wednesday. He was only 58 years old. Just wanted to share this as I need all the support I can get.
    Sorry!
    "Alienated-so alien I go!"

My beloved Mon in Law passed Sunday.

She died in her bed at home so we had to call the cops.

Six uniformed officers, 4 paramedics in 2 ambulances, 2 plainclothes officers and a fire truck with 2 fireman showed up.

Paramedics hauled her off the bed and tried to resuscitate, even though she had been dead 3 hours, breaking ribs in the process and we kept telling them she had a do not resuscitate order.

Pissed me off no end.

DtB

Sorry to hear about your mother-in-law, but, hopefully, that overblown emergency crew wasn't needed elsewhere.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

I found my father dead on his porch. Told the neighbour to phone 911. Ambulance, cops and fire trucks all show up. The cops stayed there until the coroner showed up.

Earlier this year my brother in laws mother had an episode where her daughter had to call 911. She had a no resuscitate but couldn't find it so they intubated her and she survived. She is 97 and she survived and still lives by herself and doing fine. So you just never know.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!