Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
Not interested in carrying this out ad infinitum, but I couldn't format replies properly on my phone , so didn't reply earlier, and you deserve the respect of a reply. To your comment- Yeah, that seems to be the case. But even with the cheapened version of the word now in vogue with the media, I don't think it's an approaching emotionally neutral word such as (artist I) "like."

Consistency and character. Never met another like him. Also, he influenced who I am greatly, just by being an example.
Thanks for taking the time to respond. So, in influencing you, did your father have to display great courage and resolve in the face of impossible odds and risk bodily harm?

Just kidding, but seriously, I have to disagree. Even though one use of the word has been cheapened in some contexts, that doesn't mean it can't have different valid uses. I can't think of another example off the top of my head that would be on par with the one we're discussing, but I'm sure there are plenty of words that have altered meanings depending on their context.