Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nilsson Schimilsson? Is Harry Nilsson overlooked?

No on ever mentions "The Point" TV animated movie. It's a blast for little kids and old heads!
    To be or not to be? That is the point. - Harry Nilsson.

Quote Originally Posted by StevegSr View Post
    No on ever mentions "The Point" TV animated movie. It's a blast for little kids and old heads!
    Big fan here of both the movie and soundtrack. Ringo narrates the movie and Harry does the soundtrack. Even though Harry wasn't doing albums in the 80s, he was doing movie soundtracks. They all have that Nilsson magic, IMO.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ88 View Post
    And all three of those songs Jubal mentioned are on the same album! Perhaps 'not much else of interest to say about him' is 'I haven't heard anything else'
    B I N G O . I was gonna say, but you nailed it.

His voice was a beautiful and amazing instrument. It could make you choke up one minute and make you giddy the next. His take on "Save the Last Dance" is fucking heartbreaking. "Remember"... gives me chills just thinking about it. Then listen to "You're Breaking My Heart," "Gotta get up," and "Spaceman" and you can't help but smile. He had some great scat lines too.
    "That gum you like is going to come back in style."