Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: First Band Announcements for PROGDAY 2016!

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    I'll have a hire car Chris
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Got a room booked! Looking forward to it, and the additional band announcements.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    [emoji847][emoji106]

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    It's supposed to be 90 and humid here today. I might sit out in some shade with a few beers and practice for Progday.

Banned
    When will patron passes go on sale?

Yesss. I can drink and Ian can drive!!! hahaha. I keed, I keed.

Quote Originally Posted by philsunset View Post
    Yesss. I can drink and Ian can drive!!! hahaha. I keed, I keed.
    Hey, I'll be driving anyway so if you need a ride you're more than welcome.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Firth View Post
    When will patron passes go on sale?

Advance-purchase tickets (Patron and Weekend) will go on sale around the end of June or early July, as soon as they are received from the printer, and will be available until early/mid-August. We'll have all the details posted on the ProgDay website at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pook1973 View Post
    Advance-purchase tickets (Patron and Weekend) will go on sale around the end of June or early July, as soon as they are received from the printer, and will be available until early/mid-August. We'll have all the details posted on the ProgDay website at that time.

Sweet.
    Ian

Banned
    Thanks Debbie.

Hey, I'll be driving anyway so if you need a ride you're more than welcome.
    He drives on the wrong side of the road when he is sober.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    That's OK. There's like no traffic on Jones Ferry Road.

Save me a seat, Bob, and a patron ticket, Debbie.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    You should show him how to go down the dirt road[emoji57][emoji15][emoji13]

You should show him how to go down the dirt road[emoji57][emoji15][emoji13]
    He aims for the ducks.

RIP, Food Lion dude. (If you bought meat at Food Lion while attending the earlier ProgDays, you might not want to read the end of this piece!). Really though, this just caught my eye because I think a lot of people pick up food at the Food Lion near StoryBook farm. I've actually never been in there - how is it?:

Food Lion Co-Founder Dies; Chain Was Rocked By ABC News Report

NPR.org, May 31, 2016 · The man who helped turn $50 investments in a North Carolina grocery store into the Food Lion chain with more than 1,100 stores across the Southeast has died.

Ralph Ketner, 95, died Sunday, according to a news release from the grocery store chain. No cause of death was given by Food Lion officials or the funeral home handling his arrangements.

Ketner successfully gambled that bigger sales by lowering prices to where profit margins were razor thin were the best path to success.

In 1957, he opened the Food Town grocery store in Salisbury, N.C., with two friends, calling people in the phone book and asking for $50 or $100 investments.

About 125 people gave him money, and that one store grew into the Food Lion chain with stores across the Southeast. With stock splits over the years, an investor who bought $28 in stock originally ended up with $1 million, according to Food Lion.

"He had a profound and lasting impact on the entire grocery industry and he has left a tremendous legacy not only at Food Lion, but through his philanthropy and kindness in the Salisbury community as a whole. Forever a welcome and vital part of our family, even at 95 years old, Mr. Ketner still attended several Food Lion events. Our associates adored and respected him and we will miss him dearly," the company said in its statement.

Ketner remained loyal to Food Lion even after the grocery store was rocked by a 1992 hidden camera report by ABC News that showed employees selling spoiled meat.

Two producers got jobs with the grocery chain without revealing they were reporters. Food Lion sued and was awarded more than $5 million after a jury found the network liable for fraud. An appeals court lowered the verdict to $2, but still found ABC was liable for trespassing because the employees taped other workers without their knowledge.

Food Lion is fine; I often stop there to pick up a few Gatorades and other snack items. The CVS next door also has good supplies (including Sharpies, for those who plan to hunt autographs).

If you're buying raw meats @ Food Lion to take to ProgDay, you're doing it wrong
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

My son works at that Food Lion you mention . . . the CVS next door is soon moving to a new, stand-alone location in the same shopping center (Ram's Head) - - - the old CVS will be taken over by the NC ABC and become a new liquor store (yayy). FYI - - -

Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    Food Lion is fine; I often stop there to pick up a few Gatorades and other snack items. The CVS next door also has good supplies (including Sharpies, for those who plan to hunt autographs).

If you're buying raw meats @ Food Lion to take to ProgDay, you're doing it wrong
    I don't have any desire to grill there, but some people do.

This reminds me, the ProgDay site still says:

The food service at ProgDay is provided by chefs Iris & Louis Andros and RTP Home Made Catering.

So I'm wondering if it's still the same Greek food. Which would be fine by me!

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post

The food service at ProgDay is provided by chefs Iris & Louis Andros and RTP Home Made Catering.

Me too. I thought they were quite good and also nice, hardworking folks.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Didn't they have a Food Lion bumper sticker.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Banned
    RIP, Food Lion dude. (If you bought meat at Food Lion while attending the earlier ProgDays, you might not want to read the end of this piece!). Really though, this just caught my eye because I think a lot of people pick up food at the Food Lion near StoryBook farm. I've actually never been in there - how is it?:

Food Lion Co-Founder Dies; Chain Was Rocked By ABC News Report

NPR.org, May 31, 2016 · The man who helped turn $50 investments in a North Carolina grocery store into the Food Lion chain with more than 1,100 stores across the Southeast has died.

Ralph Ketner, 95, died Sunday, according to a news release from the grocery store chain. No cause of death was given by Food Lion officials or the funeral home handling his arrangements.

Ketner successfully gambled that bigger sales by lowering prices to where profit margins were razor thin were the best path to success.

In 1957, he opened the Food Town grocery store in Salisbury, N.C., with two friends, calling people in the phone book and asking for $50 or $100 investments.

About 125 people gave him money, and that one store grew into the Food Lion chain with stores across the Southeast. With stock splits over the years, an investor who bought $28 in stock originally ended up with $1 million, according to Food Lion.

"He had a profound and lasting impact on the entire grocery industry and he has left a tremendous legacy not only at Food Lion, but through his philanthropy and kindness in the Salisbury community as a whole. Forever a welcome and vital part of our family, even at 95 years old, Mr. Ketner still attended several Food Lion events. Our associates adored and respected him and we will miss him dearly," the company said in its statement.

Ketner remained loyal to Food Lion even after the grocery store was rocked by a 1992 hidden camera report by ABC News that showed employees selling spoiled meat.

Two producers got jobs with the grocery chain without revealing they were reporters. Food Lion sued and was awarded more than $5 million after a jury found the network liable for fraud. An appeals court lowered the verdict to $2, but still found ABC was liable for trespassing because the employees taped other workers without their knowledge.
    I think you should be sued for even suggesting that a given Food Lion store sells bad meat. Every business chain has a lemon store with lemon employees. That doesn't mean a given store is bad. This is the problem with the media. Fuckers are too lazy to gather stats which could actually be used against a chain.

I think you should be sued for even suggesting that a given Food Lion store sells bad meat. Every business chain has a lemon store with lemon employees. That doesn't mean a given store is bad. This is the problem with the media. Fuckers are too lazy to gather stats which could actually be used against a chain.
    I don't own ABC.News.