Thread: Sparkle in Grey anyone?

Sparkle in Grey anyone?

Wow. I just bought 12 Sparkle in Grey albums(and collobarations) in one time through bandcamp

They were on my to buy list for a while now. I just listened a bit to their latest release ﺭﺍﺩﻳﻮ ﺇﺯﺩﺍﻍ and I was pretty impressed. I intended just to buy this one but they had all the albums (12 in total) on offer for just 31 Euro so I thought what the heck.

What do you guys think about this band?

And also.....where should I start listening?

I really like their first album, the second not as much. Haven't heard any of the others yet. Did you get the two newest ones? If so, what are they like?
    The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off

Quote Originally Posted by zravkapt View Post
    I really like their first album, the second not as much. Haven't heard any of the others yet. Did you get the two newest ones? If so, what are they like?
    Yup. I got all of them. Only listened to their latest once. Strong middle eastern influence. Like it a lot so far. I see it is currently up on progstreaming.

I like them. Postrock with a certain unpretentiousness that makes it very charming. Every album seem to be distinctly different, which is a good thing. Cool band.

I got only 'thursday evening', which is a very good album. Tracks hold some minimalist, tribal sounds, voice samplings, and overall a good 'journey' feel. I liked less their next album, ('the calendar') which sounds to 'airy' for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Totemist View Post
    I got only 'thursday evening', which is a very good album. Tracks hold some minimalist, tribal sounds, voice samplings, and overall a good 'journey' feel. I liked less their next album, ('the calendar') which sounds to 'airy' for me.
    I loved the calendar! But I agree that their albums differ so much from one another that it is pretty hard to like all of it. It does keep things interesting but I guess it also makes it hard for them to build a solid fanbase.