Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Just for fun....I think you're a freak if

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Not sure why, but I have never acquired a taste for coffee either.
    I drink far too much of it, it's a major addiction for me. But at least I do it in style:

cd.jpg

Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    For some reason at work they set up a whole "Starbucks" type cafe, except it's better than Starbucks - it's baristas, coffee and equipment from a really good local coffee place that roasts their own beans, and it's all free! From 8am to 3:30pm. We never stop working! Actually, it's just really nice - and I definitely have a few coffee drinks a day. They have fruit smoothies too. And the coffee we had before and still have wasn't bad - Keurig machines and a Nespresso machine. We're pretty damn coffee'd up! Makes up for when the small company I worked for was bought by Citigroup and they pulled the plug on all the free coffee and food. Bastards!

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    I drink far too much of it, it's a major addiction for me. But at least I do it in style:
    Me too, in the kitchen I have what I call my Coffee Factory.
    I have a DeLonghi machine, which has the standard brewed coffee in a jug part with mesh filter, as well as the traditional espresso machine and the steam pipe for cappucino and latte.

On top of the DeLonghi sits a Melita Molino grinder with 13 grinding settings from turkish to intense espresso to espresso to perculated to filter brewed.

Next to this on top of the DeLonghi is my third machine (also made by DeLonghi), a Nescafe Dolce Gusto capsule machine, which my wife and two sons use. I only ever use it when I'm in a hurry and need to quickly sweep down a double shot of intenso - i.e. 2 strong espresso capsules.

Then beside the "factory" is an aluminium stove top perculator, a French press, an Italian Bialetti Moka Express, and an electric kettle for boiling water for instant coffee.

Me, an addict? Damn right! Probably 15 cups of joe a day.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Probably 15 cups of joe a day.
    Damn. I'd be bouncing off the walls. 2-3 in the morning is plenty for me.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Damn. I'd be bouncing off the walls. 2-3 in the morning is plenty for me.
    BUT I have ADD and Aspergers and take tablets (amphetamine) to get me functioning normally, as well as lots of regular coffee. Without the coffee and tablets, I can easily just sit still for an hour or two doing nothing and thinking of nothing, and have done so in the past. While those with ADHD are hyPERactive, many of us, if indeed not most of us with ADD are hyPOactive, hence the real need for speed (but I'm only one 5 mg tab in the morning and one in the afternoon, if I feel I need it)
    Last edited by PeterG; 05-27-2016 at 11:24 AM.

Ah. That certainly makes a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post

cd.jpg

Coffee and wine and prog. No wonder we get on so well, Lorne.

Quote Originally Posted by zombywoof View Post
    Coffee and wine and prog. No wonder we get on so well, Lorne.
    Yeah, pretty much my three favourite things.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

All my fav things begin with C

Coffee, Chocolate, Chicken, Cardiacs.

I love coffee. Like beer, I'm no "connoisseur" of either. As long as it works and fulfills its intended purpose, I'm good. I used to drink coffee all day while working (that was years ago), but today I only have one, tall cup of instant Cafe Bustello in the morning. It works. On occasion I'll have a tiny cup of Cuban coffee in the afternoon when it's offered (without sugar). I love that bitter taste.