Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 232930313233

Thread: ARW- Anderson Rabin Wakeman Official Announcement

Quote Originally Posted by Paulrus View Post
    Buggles: Into the Lens, Man in a White Car
    Squire: Run Through the Light, Does It Really Happen, Tempus Fugit
    Band: Machine Messiah

Of course the Squire pieces benefited from input from other band members, as did Into the Lens, so it's not accurate to think of them as *just* his.
    Oh, "Man in a White Car", of course. If I had thought through each of the songs it would have been obvious! I was guessing either "Machine Messiah" or "Tempus Fugit" as the group piece.
    ProgEars and other prog posters & prints: http://www.michaelphipps.net
    .*AWAKEN*. gentle
    MASS -touch-

Okay, So if I go see this concert, and since I saw Yes do the 2013(?) Yes tour with Davison,Howe,Squire,White and Horn, can I say that I've actually "Seen Yes" (though not at the same time)? When I was young I never went to concerts, because I was always playing. So this will have to suffice... I am excited, this is a great combination. Who's the drummer??? (no chance on Bruford having a go is there? (<<< crack)

presenting ARW … the YES comedy league ;-)>

I keep going back and forth about buying tickets to this show. On one hand, they're pretty steep. But on the other hand, I really have a lot of confidence that Rabin wouldn't allow himself to be involved in something that wasn't top notch. I really don't think he'd be part of a sloppy show at this stage in his career.

^
    Yep. This concert is going to be incredible because of Rabin's insistence of excellence. This is why we won't hear a new ARW album until next spring. Quality control!

I completely understand the various reasons why one might be cautious about buying a ticket. The cost is a big part of that.
    A second reason for some is Mr. Rabin. While I love Mr. Rabin's new, original work during his tenure with Yes, I was not a huge fan of his readings of older Yes classics. Another reason is the things Mr. Anderson and Mr. Wakeman have said to slight Yes and puff up their own feathers. They have acted like small children. It is a shame when the Ego rules the mind.

But the way I see it, the decision is a slam dunk. As a fan from the early 70's, I would certainly want to see Jon and Rick at least once more. They might not be in playing shape much longer. What have I to lose except some time and money? I see less shows than I used to...concerts are just so expensive...so I try to go for quality, not quantity. And I feel that Mr. Rabin will be the main reason that the quality will be quite high.

Take a risk. It could be grand.

I'd gladly pay the high ticket price for this show...if they would just add some dates in the DC area. Agree Rabin's presence will ensure a high quality event.

Quote Originally Posted by Score2112 View Post
    I'd gladly pay the high ticket price for this show...if they would just add some dates in the DC area. Agree Rabin's presence will ensure a high quality event.
    Understood. I was very disappointed Yes did not stop anywhere close to me this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmotron View Post
    Understood. I was very disappointed Yes did not stop anywhere close to me this year.
    Disappointing indeed.. ready to spend for this one!

Quote Originally Posted by Score2112 View Post
    Disappointing indeed.. ready to spend for this one!
    Bethesda, eh? I was born there. I was just talking to someone today about how it has grown so much and how it has the highest amount of restaurants per capita.

Sorry for the de-rail!

Yes sir! Very vibrant area these days, nice place to live for sure (also sorry for the de-rail!)

I always thought Bethesda was basically a food court and then they ended up expanding it into a city after the fact

I'd have been happy with an ARW date in DC (Lincoln or Warner would probably be a fair fit), but since the Philly date is a Saturday it's not that big a deal to pop up and catch them there. Plus, Richard Pinhas is in Baltimore the night prior so that's a good travel twofer for me
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Yes, Lincoln (great venue, tends to host prog acts) and Warner would be good fits indeed. Maybe I'll try to get up to Philly for a show. Just dont want to miss this one.

Also...the food is quite good

Dated a girl in Bethesda for a while, enjoyed several of the food options. No complaints
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    I'd have been happy with an ARW date in DC (Lincoln or Warner would probably be a fair fit), but since the Philly date is a Saturday it's not that big a deal to pop up and catch them there.
    It would be an honor to make your acquaintance, sir.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Oh snap, you will be there? Sweet! We'll plan to cross paths for sure then :-)

Yep. I will be there. I'll hit you up as the show draws closer.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Clipboard01.jpg

This is a golden moment to see Yes music!

Anyone going to the Atlanta show? There's a pre-show dinner meet up at Nancy's pizza around the corner from the Fox on Ponce. Come on by and join us!

Clipboard01.jpg

Tour starts on the 6th!

See a bit of a Moog sticking out in the corner of the pic? I can see four boards for Rick right there and i bet there's more.
    Last edited by Sean; 09-27-2016 at 08:47 PM.

Jefferson James
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Anyone going to the Atlanta show? There's a pre-show dinner meet up at Nancy's pizza around the corner from the Fox on Ponce. Come on by and join us!
    For what it would cost me I would have to work at Nancy's pizza, enjoy the show, I hope it's killer. I could listen to Trevor Rabin play all day long.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Tour starts on the 6th!
    Two weeks from tonight for me and the wife! And it's at the same place we got married at 31 years ago!
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by strawberrybrick View Post
    TeamRock's site is spam-laden!

Finally got around to picking up some tickets for the Beacon show. Slowly getting enthused.