Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: ROSfest Comments

Banned

ROSfest Comments

I had a very good listening experience overall, except Zebra which was not my thing. I wonder if people are shy of writing positive reviews for fear of not seeming critical. But it's not objective period. There were a lot of good performances.

From my perspective.
    I missed the last two bands, did not attend the after shows, and didn't care for a couple of the bands I did see.
    So a review would be woefully incomplete from some points of view.
    Sometimes I have a hard time composing anyhow.
    I appreciate what George and his team produced for an awesome weekend.
    The last thing I want to do is make it seem that I don't.
    I agreed to the terms of the weekend. I pays the money and they take the chances.

Now if someone wrote up a review that could change my mind about what I saw...that would be a good review!
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by KerryKompost View Post
    There is no guarantee anyone will write anything about anything, so perhaps expectations should be within reason. No one can force someone to write about a performance no matter how great your band was.
    True of course, but typically there are quite a few more reviews written than this year. Oh well, no big deal I was just curious since I like to hear people's opinions.

Banned
    This review also applies to the Electric Strawbs performance at ROSfest:

Electric Strawbs at the Iron Horse, Northampton MA
    http://www.progressiveears.org/forum...ad.php?t=17204

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    True of course, but typically there are quite a few more reviews written than this year. Oh well, no big deal I was just curious since I like to hear people's opinions.
    That's all I meant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been going back and forth on doing a review since the festival ended. I have good and not so good impression's. My mom once told me "If you have nothing good to say, then don't say anything at all". I do feel I should review though.....since my impression seems to go against the flow of the many. I'm on the road right now but may return to this thread next week. I'm hoping time will temper it a bit.
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

Quote Originally Posted by Garyhead View Post
    since my impression seems to go against the flow of the many..
    Give us the full Monty!
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!